WHITE NOISE.

WHITE NOISE / A COVER LOTTO.

Saltburn (2023), dir

Saltburn (2023), dir. Emerald Fennell. / Percy Jackson and the Olympians, S1 E7. / The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), dir. Francis Lawrence. / Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007), dir. Gore Verbinski. / Crazy Rich Asians (2018), dir. John Chu.

Welcome to WHITE NOISE, a cover lotto / shop / probably portfolio unless I decide to make a separate book to showcase graphics. I love making graphics, and I want to not only make them for others but also learn and experiment and get better with them, so here we are.

A cover lotto is, essentially, a cover shop without the commitment. Covers will be made at my discretion—I am a full–time student who also has to work to afford to live, and I have a particularly nasty enemy called my own brain. Credit for the idea of a graphic lotto goes to the brilliant soulofstaars.

There is kind of a theme to this lotto—the idea of star–crossed lovers or lovers doomed to tragedy. I definitely had this theme in mind when I was creating the gifs above and it wasn't something I came up with after looking at them all together. It isn't a total coincidence that that kind of fits in with the song White Noise (James Marriott) itself, which the lotto was named after. I definitely planned all of this.

RULES

ONE / RESPECT AND KINDNESS.
this rule should be fairly simple. be respectful and be kind, to me and to others, regardless of whether or not you get a cover. you don't have to get down on your knees and worship me as the one true god, but just be polite.

TWO / CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
another simple rule. give credit to me in the description of the book. i'll drop you a reminder if you haven't credited me, but if i find you using any of my graphics without credit after a warning, i will be publicly naming and shaming you. it is as simple as "cover by viendettas".

THREE / REQUIREMENTS.
there are a few requirements to keep in mind before you request. first, unless you discuss otherwise with me in dms, your fic must be published. this can be just an introduction or act divider if that's all you have so far! the second is that you must be following me before you request and after you receive your graphic. the third is that you can only request up to three graphics at a time, and i may not choose to design all of the covers you request. you are welcome to request again after i have fulfilled your request! there is also a password i'd like to include in your form, which is your favourite fictional romance. the fourth requirement is that you must use the cover for at least two weeks.

FOUR / PATIENCE.
as mentioned above, life will sometimes get in the way of me fulfilling requests. please be patient with me :) also, please don't request in multiple shops/lottos at the same time. while i can appreciate that you're looking for a cover, it can be really disrespectful to the creators. if you hear nothing from me in like, two or three weeks, feel free to request elsewhere! you're also free to cancel your order at any time if you'd like to request elsewhere, just comment or dm me.

FIVE / DETAIL.
pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase be detailed in your form. including lots of detail is the best way to get the cover that you want. i love getting an idea of the vibes and energy of a story to try and match that in a cover. this can—but doesn't have to!—include spotify playlists (or apple music playlists, because i am that person.) or pinterest boards or anything on those lines. i would also love to see any graphics/posters/etc. that you'd like me to use as inspiration, but please note that they will be just that: inspiration.

SIX / PROBLEMATIC FACECLAIMS.
with some exceptions (usually characters), i will be trying my best not to use problematic faceclaims and i ask that you don't request with problematic actors/singers/etc. if you notice me or someone else using a problematic faceclaim, feel free to reach out to me (or them) and let me know—i am not always on the pulse of celebrity issues.

ONWARD, TO THE FORMS AND EXAMPLES.