E l e v e n

~ Vincent ~

I'd never been this confused in my life ever.

I'd always been the 'yes or no' kind of person and surely not something in between.

But right now, I was so confused.

Should I give it a try like she said, or should I stay home and sulk in my sorrow forever?

I didn't know what possessed me to accept her offer. I'd never been more regretful because of that.

No, Vincent. Don't chicken out. You can do this; I reminded myself.

Finalising my decision, I took my phone to reread Emily's address.

I didn't understand why she lived in such an isolated place. I'd never thought that I would come across a living being in that area.

Human beings are strange.

'Every day is a new beginning, and we should make the most out of that opportunity.'

Out of nowhere, this quote of a certain somebody began to roam in my mind.

Oddly enough, I did admit that she was right.

Wanting to start this new day in a good way, I took a long bath and changed into a new set of jeans and a shirt.

I went downstairs and found nobody.

I sometimes wonder whether my parents slept at their work places?

I was in no mood to warm the food in the refrigerator, so I graciously skipped my breakfast - as always.

I got in my car, and after a drive of about half an hour, I pulled up at Emily's house.

For being located in a hilly region like this, her house was pretty fancy. The whole scenery was screaming positivity and optimism.

So, our surroundings affect our mental state, I guess.

I knocked at the front door and looked around, observing the beautiful garden with different types of flowers.

I was never the descriptive type or the appreciative type, but today, I didn't know what was happening with me.

I should admit that today, I was in a better mood as compared to the days before.

The door immediately opened, revealing a very cheerful Emily.

Was she staying by the door or what?

"Good morning, Vincent!" She greeted me in a pleasant voice.

How can someone be so happy?

I quickly grew jealous of her for that.

"Good morning," I mumbled.

I'm kind of a guest, right? So, I shouldn't be rude, I guess.

She nodded, and her eyes went slightly wide as though she wasn't expecting a reply from me at all.