FREEFALL

WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE TO BURN?

To feel flesh melted into bone, hair shriveled up into nothing, snuffed to ash. Screams silenced by smoke filled lungs, vision clouded by blinding light. Kitalus Mazari could describe the feeling without hesitation. Every hair follicle disintegrating, the very moment the heart stops. Since she was a child under Mace Windu's wings, Kitalus has seen visions of an eternal flame, consuming thousands of souls within minutes. Her closest allies wiped from the face of existence by the hands of a mysterious force, as if they were meaningless.

The Council deemed her visions as dreams, fears that many Jedi have at a young age. And so they let her suffer, thirty long years of damnation without a concern. Kitalus didn't know who to trust, the voices in her head or the very people who raised her from an infant. In the end, she had no one.

Enter Obi-Wan Kenobi. A headstrong Jedi with a heart of gold. After the death of his master Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan finds himself slipping from the peace that he has known in the Order. Not even a master yet he places himself in charge of a young boy the Council deems the Chosen One. In his grief, he finds solace in Kitalus, the one person who would spend hours listening to his thoughts without judgement.

Kitalus is fearful, though. She cannot fathom getting close to Obi-Wan without thinking of the flames that haunt her dreams. She cannot bear to tell him that she foresaw Qui-Gonn's death before it happened, that she could have warned him.

She cannot tell him that she has seen it all.

When the time comes for Kitalus to pass the trials of a Master, she refuses to take up a padawan. Instead, she becomes a ghost, haunting the halls of the Jedi Temple. Obi-Wan would only catch glimpses of the person who was once his closest confidant.

Ten long years pass before Obi-Wan graces Kitalus with his presence once more. No longer is he a boy without a clue, but a Master with a place on the Council. She admires his dedication, one that she wishes she had. Instead of coming to her to spill the gossips of the day, he requests her aid on a mission. An assassination attempt on a young ambassador, one with far too many secrets. And just like that, it is Kitalus and Obi-Wan, inseparable children once more. When a darker threat looms in the galaxy, Kitalus decides that she will allow herself to burn once more.

She would relive a thousand deaths if it meant saving the other half of her soul.

GEMMA CHAN as KITALUS MAZARI

EWAN McGREGOR as OBI-WAN KENOBI

a/n

hello and welcome to 'FREEFALL', aka obi-wan brainrot. i've been keeping this in my drafts for quite sometime now and it finally feels right to publish. in a quick summary: kitalus can see the future! unfortunately, she can't control her visions and they often come at inconvenient times.

as we all know i am awful at updates, but i hopefully will be pushing some chapters out soon! a huge thank you to cassie for being such an amazing friend (and for the beautiful cover that i can finally show off).

also a huge dt to the lovely folks of spaceports, i'm eternally grateful for your friendship and support.

lastly, HUGE TW in this story, mentions of unaliving attempts, war, trauma, and major character death. i do not own any canon events from star wars/disney, but i do own my original plots and characters

enjoy 😙