Chapter 30: Hallucinations Accompany Dishes

——————Percy's POV: ——————

"And Percy, if you don't mind, could you wash the dish this morning?" Alfred asked, walking over to me with a slightly saddened look.

My brows furrowed as I nodded. "Of course, is everything alright though?" I asked, quickly starting to swipe the plates off the table.

"Oh no, nothing really. I just have someone to check up on. I'll be back before you know it." I nodded, feeling slight relief wash over me.

"Right, then consider it done" Alfred gave me a smile as he nodded once before leaving the room. 

He stopped before he left. "Oh, and don't forget, today is a school holiday so the boys are staying home today." I nodded, giving him a smile and a wave as he disappeared, the sound of the door closing signaling his leave. 

I finished collecting the plates quickly, stacking them on top of one another as I walked into the kitchen. 

When I reached the sink, I gently set them down inside of it, rolling up the sleeves of my shirt as I turned on the faucet. I quickly grabbed the sponge and the dish soap as I poured a bit onto the sponge. 

I took in a deep breath as I got to work, starting off with the plates as I cleaned them as quickly, and as best as I could. As I scrubbed, I let my mind wander, putting my body on autopilot as I continued to scrub the dishes. 

 My mind seemed to dabble a bit before settling on Rachel, the girl from the party. I couldn't stop thinking about her, or rather, the fact that she recognized me. Sure, I wanted to stay and see what she had to say but I couldn't. I wasn't at those parties for my own enjoyment, I was there for Bruce. 

And yet I wished I'd had stayed and talked to her. Something tells me that the look wasn't due to her wanting to tell Bruce something. 

I felt my lips purse as I continued to think on why this bothered me so much. 

I mean, why did she seem so desperate. Did she know about the people who threatened to take me? Was it a warning?? No, she didn't look like a warning scared, more like a surprised scared. 

So why was it that she looked so...familiar. 

I was thrown from my thoughts when the glass I'd gone to pick up slipped out my hand, the soap making it too slippery. I tried to catch the glass, but it was already sailing down. 

Without thinking I felt a tug in my gut and suddenly the glass stopped, not hitting the floor, not in my hand, but just stop, like someone had taken a remote and paused the tv. 

My brows furrowed as I reached forwards, going for the glass. 

What the fu-

As I relaxed the tug stopped and the glass fell towards the ground. I quickly dropped to the ground, barely catching the glass before it hit the ground. 

I paused, my breathing heavy now. I held the glass up, setting my hand on the ground to catch it just in case. With a quick breath I dropped the glass, but this time, when I focused on the glass it didn't stop, continuing to hurtle towards the ground until it hit my palm. 

Surely, I hadn't imagined that. I mean, it held up, it was floating! 

My breathing didn't slow down. 

First memory loss, then hearing some random voice, and now hallucinations. I shook my head slowly, standing back up. I stared at the glass as if it was some sort of monster, like it had personally done something to me. 

This had to be something. Was my condition worsening?? Were the meds having side effects? 

I could feel my breathing raise, the glass showing a slight reflection of me, and boy did I look stressed.

"Percy?" I couldn't stop the startled gasp that came out of me as I turned to Duke, a confused and worried expression planted on his face. "Is everything okay?" he walked over slowly, extending a hand out to me. He stopped when he reached the island, placing a hand on the smooth granite countertop. 

I nodded slowly, trying to regain my bearings. "Yeah, yeah" My confidence slowly built with every nod, and yet the lingering feeling of something bad stayed behind. "I'm fine Duke. Is there something I can do for you?" I asked, trying my best to muster a smile though even I could feel it was a pretty weak attempt at a smile.

Duke lightened his look, but I could see the residual concern in his posture. Eventually he spoke up. "Dami and I were wondering if you'd like to play video games with us. I'm pretty sure Damien just wants to show off though." My fake smile eased into a real one as I nodded. 

"Yeah, I'll be over in a sec. I just need to finish these dishes." Duke nodded, turning to walk away, though as he reached the door he stopped, turning to face me. 

"If you need a break Percy, feel free to ask any one of us, I'm sure we could make a decent cover story for you, or maybe we could all just like, go out for food or something?" The bad feeling, while staying put, was soon overshadowed by a feeling of warmth. 

"I will, thanks Duke." He nodded, giving me a small smile as he disappeared out the door.

With Duke gone, I turned back to the cup, my smile slowly fading. I stared at the cup, turning it over in my hand, examining the glass carefully. 

With the hand that wasn't covered in suds, I ran through my hair, trying my best to forget the incident as I turned back to the sink, continuing to wash the cup. 

It was safe to say that for the rest of me having to clean the dishes, well, I didn't feel all too great. 

----------------------------- 

1002 words