SEVEN

THE GIRLS SAT AT THE TABLE

THE GIRLS SAT AT THE TABLE. DEVON BETWEEN GAR AND RACHEL. Larry entered the dining room with covered plates in his hands. He uncovered them displaying the amazing food. "Let's eat!"

The group started to eat, Cliff looking at the girls as they ate.

"For God's sake, Cliff, stop staring at the poor girls." Larry said taking a bite from his food.

"Are the waffles crispy on the outside and gooey a little bit on the inside with just the right amount of butter?" Looking at Rachel.

Rachel took a bite, her eyes closing briefly. "They're perfect." She smiled at Cliff.

"Try the chicken." Rachel took a piece of chicken, humming at the taste. "It's crunchy and moist."

"Oh God! I used to love fried chicken." Devon looked at Cliff's plate, seeing it empty swelled her heart. "I loved to eat, swim, I loved to dance."

"Why can't you dance?" Devon asked.

"Nobody's dancing with this." answered Cliff gesturing to his body.

"I would." Rachel said and started moving her arms like a robot, humming a catchy tune.

"Me too." Devon said. Larry laughed at the girls, Gar joining him.

"They can stay."

Steps where heard and a beautiful woman, wearing a red dress with gloves emerged from the door. "Sounds like everyone's having fun. Sorry I'm late."

Larry got up from his chair, taking Rita's hand and helping her to the table. "Oh, Rita."

"I was putting myself together." Rita started loading food on her plate. Rachel and Devon looked at the plate then at Rita. "You know it takes some time."

Rita sat in her seat, placing the napkin on her lap.
"I hear we have guests from the outside. How wonderful. I'm Rita."

"Rachel."

"Devon."

She smiled at the girls and looked over the table. "Can you pass the gravy, please?" Devon nodded, passing it to Rachel who passed it to Rita.

"Thank you." Rita poured the gravy over her food. She took a bite and hummed at the taste. "This is absolutely delicious, Larry."

"Someone kiss the cook." Larry joked making the table laugh. "Seriously. I'll take it from anyone."

Devon looked over to Rita, who was not feeling to good, she covered her face quickly. "I should have stayed in bed." The woman said.

"It's okay, I'm not afraid of you." Rachel said standing up. "Neither of us are." Said Devon, taking Rita's hand.

The door to the house opened, a man wearing a large coat entering the house. "Who are they?"

"Chief, I can explain-" Gar started.