The Ways of The Mist: Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss

Notes:

Reminder that the founding members of the Justice League in this universe are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Captain Marvel has been around for a while and Billy Batson is about 20/21 ish

— ☼ —

'At least out loud, I won't say I'm in love.'

Megara had just finished her song when there's a final knock on the door. Ma gets up to answer it, and in comes a Blonde man with windswept hair. He was the last member to arrive at the farm - all of the others had shown up throughout the movie and joined us in watching as we waited. With each new person who entered I had slowly scrunched up further and further into a ball, refusing to acknowledge them until absolutely needed.

The TV gets turned off, and Bruce and Clark move to the front of the room.

I nervously squeeze one of Peleus' paws in my hand as the butterflies in my stomach grow. It's time to do this.

Bruce starts off the meeting by introducing everyone to me. There are some that are confusing - Captain Marvel, for instance, looks way different in his civilian identity - but others, like the Wonders, are easy to tell who is who even in Civilian Mode.

[Or, easy for a demigod to tell at least.]

"Skylar will be giving a more detailed debrief of what has happened in the mythological world the past few years." Bruce tells his... friends? Co-workers? Allies? "Before we start, did anyone have any questions that absolutely need to be answered first?"

"Umm," I hesitantly raise my hand, "I did, actually. If... if that's okay?"

"Of course." He nods.

Nodding back, I turn to face Cassie - who had joined Tim and Kon on the seat they were sharing. "Cassie, you're a child of Zeus, right?"

She looks a little surprised that I knew already, and sits up a bit straighter. "Yes."

"Right, and you're about eighteen?"

"Yeah? Why?"

I can feel my face scrunch up a bit, "No offense, but that shouldn't be possible."

"What do you mean?" Diana looks concerned for her apprentice.

"Well.." I pause as I try to figure out how to say it, "Children of the Big Three are powerful. Like, really powerful. It's not possible for them to survive for so long against monsters without some form of training and a safe, protected place to learn the training." I look at Cassie again, "You've only been Wonder Girl for about four years based on the news which means you were about fourteen when you started. No offense, but... you should have been killed way before that."

Cassie's eyes widen in shock so I quickly move on to explain my reasoning.

"I think Hazel was the oldest child of the big three before the monster attacks got to be too much? And she was only twelve or thirteen at the time and there were a lot of outside factors playing in. Percy was twelve when he had to come to camp, Thalia technically didn't reach camp until she was fourteen, but she ran away from home when she was twelve and the only reason she survived so long was because she teamed up with Luke on the streets... Nico and Bianca were ten and thirteen when they first came to camp, and Jason was basically raised in Camp Jupiter.... I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how did you make it so long? Especially because you never came to either camp, the only training you received was from Wonder Woman."