Chapter 25.

Immediately when my stepfather had walked into my bedroom, the strong smell of alcohol hit my sensitive nose like a truck on a highway. His eyes were dark and filled with so much anger and hate that it actually made my legs shake.
- I thought I told you to take out the fucking trash this morning
His voice was furious and before I even got the smallest chance to defend myself, one of his fists collided with my face and the instant pain made me fall down on the floor. At that moment, it was like the whole world stopped spinning and the only thing that could be heard was the teasing laugh coming from my psychopathic stepfather who found the whole situation hilarious. What made thing even worse was that I knew that Alexander was still hiding in my stupid closet while probably judging the shit out of me.
- Aren't you pathetic? No wonder why your mother killed herself
My stepfathers words brought tears to my eyes and no matter how hard I tried to keep myself together, I couldn't. Every time someone mentions my mother, it feels like I can't breathe anymore. I miss her so much and I would do anything to get to see her one more time.
- You were nothing more than a worthless piece of shit in her eyes
He let out one last laugh and thereafter, he left my door and threw the door closed with a smash. The tears that I tried to keep from falling started to make their way down my cheeks and I felt how my breathing started to hitch for every damn second that passed. My whole body was shaking and the only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat.
- Magnus
The voice of Alexander rang through my head like the most beautiful melody I ever have heard. The sound kinda reminded me of angels and as I finally could focus my gaze, I could see how Alexander sat in front of me with a worried facial expression.
- Can you hear me? He asked and put one of his hands on my cheek
- Yeah, I stuttered
- I'm going to take you back to my house, okay? There's no way that I'm letting you stay here all alone
I knew that I wouldn't be able to speak so instead of answering, I just nodded my head and quickly dried away some tears that was still making their way down my cheeks. Alec helped me packing a bag filled with my clothes and a couple of other things that I would need to stay over at his house and when we finally were done, we sneaked out of the apartment without getting noticed by my idiotic stepfather. The walk to Alec's home wasn't that far and when we arrived to the small house that I still adore so much after so many years that the two of us has been separated, it felt like I finally could breathe properly again. We walked together into the house and as the front door closed behind us, Isabelle came into the entrance hall and looked at the two of us with a confused facial expression.
- What's happening? She asked
- Magnus is going to stay with us tonight, Alec said and looked at his sister with a expressionless face
- By the angel, what happened to your face? Izzy asked with worried and looked at me with wide eyes
- It's complicated, I stuttered and kept my gaze in the floor
When I didn't get any response from the smaller Lightwood, I thought she had left the room but just as I looked up from the floor, two arms threw themselves around my neck and could smell the scent of Isabelle's wonderful perfume that I still remember after so many years.
- We'll always be here for you, she whispered in my ear and thereafter, she placed a light kiss on my cheek
- Thank you, I answered
After what felt like an eternity, Izzy let go of me and walked away, claiming that the two of us could use some good night sleep. Alec and I walked up the stairs and when we reached his bedroom, we sat down beside each other on the bed.
- I'm sorry for everything, Alec said after a while of comforting silence
- Don't apologise, Alexander. We have already talked about this and it's not your fault, I answered
- I know, but I still feel really bad. I shouldn't have accused you for what Raphael said to me. You would never hurt me again and I know that
- Exactly, I answered and quickly flashed him a barley visible smile
We continued to sit in silence for a while and as the clock got closer to 9pm, the two of us decided that it would be a good idea to sleep.
- You can take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch tonight, Alec said and stood up from his bed
- No, I'll take the couch. It's your bedroom after all, I said and also stood up from his bed
- Magnus, I insists
- Fine, but can you please stay with me? I don't want to sleep alone, I whispered and felt how I blushed
- Of course, Alexander answered
We got dressed in more comfortable clothes and thereafter, we laid down beside each other on Alec's bed. This wasn't the first time that we slept beside each other, but it truly was a long time ago since we did it the last time. I'm not complaining though. It felt nice to have someone beside me that I know wouldn't hurt me.
- Goodnight, Alexander, I whispered and closed my tired eyes
- Goodnight, he whispered back and before I knew it, I was fast asleep

// TBC \\