12

12| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I sit down and observe the clear waters plunge into a pool below it. Then, I close my eyes and listen to the water cascading down the rocky surface.

Silence. It was the source of my strength.

The one thing I loved being a rogue was the ability it gave me to appreciate nature's beauty. Nature is a pleasure in everyone's life that many fail to enjoy.

I stare at my face as I looked down on the waters, my reflection showing. In it was my light brown hair that went down to my waistline in a tangled mess.

"Fuck!" I blurt out, realizing I forgot to bring—or steal a hair tie. Whatever floats your boat.

I breath out a sigh of disappointment. My hair right now was so not the move.

Once again, I look at my reflection, resisting the urge to pull out a stupid peace sign.

I groan, bored out of my mind. I really wished I could shift on command. I wanted to run and talk to my wolf like other wolves could.

The only way I could shift to my wolf form—who is quite uncontrollable, if I may add—is by getting really really enraged.

And I was more happy to have Giovanni as my tool for that.

Without warning, someone tugged on my mind, requesting permission to mind link. Since I was a pack member, Theo and the others could easily mindlink me. However, only they could request and start to mindlink.

I let the unidentified person break into my mind.

"Emergency pack meeting, money lover," I hear Emilio's voice call out.

I cut off the mind link and run back to the pack house.

___

I barge the doors open and instantaneously, heads turn to me. I had gotten lost, not knowing where the meeting was held and I was too prideful to ask help from anyone.

On instinct, I pull on my hood and lead myself to an empty seat.

"Late again, Catalina?" Scarlett's voice booms across the room.

I grin. "It's the only thing I'm good at it."

She rolls her eyes and transfers her gaze to Theo, who sported the most devilish lopsided smile on his face.

Oh my, what a handsome devil he truly is.

His head snaps to me. He tilts his head and stares at me with eyes filled with so much anticipation. It was as if it was directed to me. It almost felt like he was about to pull a prank that I didn't know about.

I gulp visibly, a little frightened. Something happened and it obviously included me.

One of the million things I hate is not knowing or not having an idea of what's about to happen.

Why can't I have the superpower to see the future or read people's minds?

I break eye contact with Theo and look down, fidgeting on the hem of my cloak. My heart hammered in my chest and I release a deep breath out in an attempt to calm down the beating.