5

Damian watched from the shadows as Jason conducted his business.

"So you're trying to tell me that dealing drugs to teenagers is beneficial to their academic success?" Jason spat at the drug dealer.

"Dude, it's a living! You can't fault me for that!" The dealer protested.

"Yeah, right." Jason held up a gun to the man's head. "Goodbye, villain."

"Don't kill him!" Damian hissed through the comms.

At the last second Jason whipped his gun around and whacked the guy across the skull with it. He turned and glared at the place on the roof where Damian was hiding. "You're throwing off my groove!" Jason snapped, his voice only audible through the comms.

"So throw me out a window," Damian replied airly, pulling out is phone to call GCPD.

"Don't tempt me," Jason muttered, pulling a rope out of his pocket and tying the guy up.

Ten minutes later Commissioner Gordon was taking furious notes about the details of the drug ring as Robin described it to him.

Gordon eyed the teenager in front of him. "Dare I ask why you aren't with Batman? Or even better, why you're with Red Hood?"

Robin gave him a disgusted look. "I would think the answer to the first question would be obvious."

"Humor me."

A sadistic grin crossed Robin's features. "The simple answer is that I am not Batman's Robin. I am Nightwing's. However, since he is . . . indisposed at the moment, I am forced to trail after that homicidal maniac to ensure that he does not break our code of honor."

"That's very big of you." Gordon raised a skeptical eyebrow.

Robin shrugged dismissively. "Not at all. I am just following Nightwing's orders."

"Which are?"

"Ohana."

"Ohana? What the hay is that?"

"You were obviously not force fed Disney as a child." Red Hood chuckled darkly as he approached the police officer and the vigilante. "Nightwing always was a fan."

"Well, I certainly know better than to ask about that, or when Nightwing will return, but is there any chance of you not mutilating any other troublemakers you come across?"

"Nope," Red Hood told him cheerfully. "But you're welcome to keep asking. In the meantime, let's go Demon Spawn. School in the morning, and Nightwing would kill me if he found out I was keeping you out late."

"Wait, Demon Spawn? What kind of a nickname . . ." Gordon cut himself off as Red Hood and Robin pulled out their grappling hook guns, shot them into the sky, and disappeared. "Man, sometimes I hate that family." He turned back to his officers. "All right, guys, we've got a drug ring to bust."

A new recruit gaped at him. "You're just going to let them go?"

Gordon gave him a disgusted look. "Are you kidding me? Do you know how much those guys help us? Not to mention the fact that even if we put them in Arkham, someone would just break them out. There's literally a million of them."

********

"Well that was fun." Jason beamed at Damian as they climbed in the window of their grubby apartment. Tim was passed out on the couch, and Damian's cot in the living room was in a state of military style neatness. Since the apartment only had one room, they had had to get creative when Tim and Damian had moved in. Dick himself was already sleeping on a cot in the bedroom. Jason had claimed the bed because Dick couldn't care less on what he slept.