Chapter 20: Bad Memories

Tonight was the night I was gonna go out for my first night as a hero, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted my hero name to be but I would come up with something.

I decided that I didn't want to alarm the Waynes so I snuck out the window making sure to keep quiet. I needed to find some bad guys and question them, and if I happened to get the attention of some heroes who could help quicken my search well on Hera's underwear I would ask immediately.

Once out the window I vapor traveled to the park. From there I got on top of one of the buildings and just started to run around, occasionally I would hear a scream or yell for help and I'd drop down and knock out the evil doer. This was going well until I heard a scream a couple blocks away. I managed to get over there but as soon as I got into the actual alley I noticed that there was already a hero there, though they seemed to be getting overrun. So I did as anyone would and turned to help the civilian first. I took them out of the alley and into a pizza place so that they could be in a public space.

I returned a minute later to see the hero now going on the defensive and I thought you know what why not. I ran in and hit the person who was attacking the hero on the head with the butt of my sword. The guy looked at me funny.

"Who are you? Don't you know this is batman's territory?" This was another one of those bird boys, though this was the short one who was with Red Hood.

"I'mmmm uhhh..." The name thing came a lot quicker then intended and on a tight schedule I just blurted out " Riptide"

Gods dammit, Annabeth is so gonna mock me for that one.

"Okay Riptide, get out of this city" The boy's voice was familiar so I just sat there and stared at him. Black hair, short, snooty attitude.

Holy.

Hera's.

Underwear.

Damien Wayne.

The demon was a hero.

Wait. does this mean that everyone in that car was a hero? It would make sense, now that I think about it the heroes have the same builds as Jason, Dick, and Tim.

OH ZEUS LIGHTING BOLT. I WAS LIVING WITH A BUNCH OF VIGILANTE SUPERHEROES.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It took me so long to realize but it all made sense. Their random injuries, the scars, even the sleepiness when they go to bed immediately after dinner.

Damien just gave me a pointed and annoyed look. "Whatcha laughing at you glorified harlot?"

"Oh nothing, just realized something, now uh who exactly are you? I swear I see you all, all the time and I still don't know you guys, only Red hood." I asked, going to wipe away fake tears only to realize I had a mask on.

"How do you not know? I'm Robin, the blue and black one's Nightwing, the one that looks like an emo version of me is Red Robin, and I guess you already know Red hood."

"OOOOHH... Yeah that makes no sense, but thanks, now I gotta go!" I vapor travel away, the last thing I see is Damien who looks like he wants to protest.

I continued the night by helping others mainly leaving unscathed besides from the occasional punch to the side. In total I saved around 30 people, 15 attempted robberies, 6 attempts of assault, and 9 attempted rapings. I got no new information though, which blows.

I ended up getting home by 4 in the morning and with an hour to spare I changed and fell asleep.

------Time skip-----

It was now after breakfast and I had decided to go back into my room alone. I avoided the others by saying that I was gonna sleep more. That was a lie. I was gonna continue my search but now maybe I could use the resources in my own house.