𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐈: 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠

P R O L O G U E  O N EWHEN WE WERE YOUNG┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

WHEN WE WERE YOUNG
┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

P R O L O G U E  O N EWHEN WE WERE YOUNG┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

16 YEARS EARLIER

One summer night the Davison family were spending their time at Aubrey Hall with the Bridgerton, as the adults talked among themselves while the children were fast asleep. That was not the case for Emmaline and Anthony of course. Emmaline was staying in Daphne's room with her and her eldest sister Augusta. As Daphne and Augusta were talking about god know what, Emmaline was gathering her things to take later in the night.

As Augusta continues to talk as Daphne listens, she looks over her friend's shoulder and notices the youngest Davison was about to sneak out again. She sighs, "Emmaline please tell me you're not planning on sneaking out again. It's quite late, don't you think?"

Emmaline shrugged her shoulders, "I do not know what you are talking about Daphne. I'm just getting ready for bed." She said as she finished packing her stuff, turning around to face her with an innocent smile.

Daphne raised her eyebrows, knowing the young girl was lying as she gave her a knowing look, shaking her head. "Are you and my brother planning something?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"No..." She lied, bringing her hand up to her upper arm as she rubbed it and trying to avoid eye contact from her best friend.

"Emma!"

"What, we're not even doing anything that's considered bad." Emmaline explained as she shrugs off Daphne scoldings, "All we do is talk, read and write. There's no harm in that Daph."

Daphne groans slightly as she turns her back around and starts to finish Augusta's hair, "You know one of these days you'll both get caught."

Meanwhile Augusta rolled her eyes annoyingly, "Let her be Daphne, maybe then she can finally leave us alone." She stood up from her seat and walked past her and she harshly pump Emmaline shoulder on purpose. "It gives us more time to spend time together just the two of us"