chapter 6: 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧

C H A P T E R  S I XLOST IN THE FORBIDDEN GARDEN┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

C H A P T E R S I X
LOST IN THE FORBIDDEN GARDEN
┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

C H A P T E R  S I XLOST IN THE FORBIDDEN GARDEN┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

Basking in the sun's warmth after Anthony and Emmaline finished their swim in the cool waters nearby the river, they sprawled on the sun-drenched grass. Emmaline, still in petticoat, dripping from the water, squeezed the moisture out of her chestnut hair while Anthony was getting half dressed as he pulled his pants and putting on his white puffy shirt. He then reclined on the grass, propped up on his elbows, gazing at the dappled sunlight filtering through the leaves above. Their conversation flowed easily, as it often did between them.

Anthony expressed his worries about his younger sister Eloise's debut in the coming season, "Knowing just how headstrong and stubborn she could be."

"Well she is a Bridgerton, what did you expect?"

"I know but still I'm worry about her."

Emmaline reassured him, gently squeezing his hand, "Don't put too much pressure on her; Eloise is strong-willed, and she'll find her own way. It's her debut, but she should be allowed to be her own person."

"I suppose you're right," He sighs. Emmaline couldn't help but smile as she playfully remarked,

"If I were you, I'd be more worried about the day of Hyacinth's debut." She chuckles.

"Don't even remind me." He groaned before replying with a chuckle.

With a curious glint in his eyes, he then asked, "What about you?"

"What of me?"

"Are you scared? Nervous?" He turned to her and asked.

Emmaline stopped her squeezing her wet hair before she glanced at him, her expression being vulnerable. "I'm not nervous surprisingly. I did tell Eloise yes I was scared but not as much as one expects, but to be quite honest..." she paused before admitting, "I'm petrified. People have been watching me since the day I was born Ant, and with my debut next season, I know their will be even more people scrutinizing and watching my every move and I–"