Year 0 (Part 1)

May 23, 1989.

You leave the orphanage. Right now, it's winter break. Oh yeah, you're in high school now, and you're a senior now. You've taken many classes like automotive, psychology, engineering, advanced P.E., etc. You walk down the streets and head to the cave, which you're calling The Sentinel's Sanctorum. You look at newspapers, and the headline talks about a mysterious vigilante calling himself The Sentinel and asking who he is. You chuckle a little. Another headline is talking about a shootout that happened a few days ago.

What happened was a group of gangsters was robbing a bank, and the police showed up, and shots were fired. These gangsters belong to Black Mask. You've been building a case on him for a while now. It's about 7:00 PM right now, and you still have a long walk to go to the Sanctorum. You walk into a gas station and buy water.

You've made your way to the hole that brings you to the cave. You slide down the rope, and you land in front of the computer. You turn it on. You pull up a chair and sit down. This computer is sort of useless since not many people can access the Internet. To help you get around the city, you managed to make a motorcycle. It's nothing fancy, only about 400 cc.

You have a news channel on one of the monitors and the police scanner at the ready. Right now, you are planning your evening. You are going to try and go after Black Mask. The police scanner goes off, saying a crime is in progress. Some gang is robbing The Gotham Museum in the Bowery. You won't make it in time to stop the robbery, but maybe you can track them. You press a button, and a pod containing your hero suit comes up.

Let's start with the biggest part of your suit. A black form-fitting armored suit. The symbol on your chest? A dragon. A mythic creature that embodies your strength. It's also the strongest part of your armor. There are deep crimson accents in between the plates of armor. You then put on your utility belt, full of shurikens (dulled, of course), a grappling hook, smoke bombs, and lockpicks. You have armored combat boots and a cape that doubles as a cloak. Your cape also allows you to glide. Your cloak/cape has a hood as well. Under your hood is a mask. With glowing white eyes, it's slightly armored (it won't survive anything above 9mm, though). It's simple and covers your face. Your gauntlets are also reinforced for stronger punches, and you have blades coming off the sides of your gauntlets to stop blades.

You hop on your bike and start the engine. One day while you were down here, you discovered that this cave goes into Gotham a bit. You used some magic to flatten out a path to a park in the city, and you've hidden it. You've been able to practice your magic a bit with the help of some odd books here and there, although it would if you had a mentor, your progress would be way better. So unless a skilled magic user walks by, everyone should see everyday scenery instead of an entrance to a cave.

You rev your bike and drive off. You eventually come flying out of the exit and start driving to the museum. As you suspected, you didn't make it in time to stop the robbery, but you did manage to see them leave, so you started tailing them. You were surprised to see that the police weren't there.

You follow them on your bike, and they lead you to Sionis Steel Mill. You hide your bike and grapple up the roof of a nearby building to survey the entrance. Only two guards are guarding the entrance. You throw a shuriken at one, knocking him down. The other guard looks at the down guard; you glide to the other one and kick him off of his post. The first guard gets up, and you use the grapple gun to pull him off his tower. He falls to the ground. You jump down and make sure they are both knocked out. You then enter the building. You sneakily creep around, and you see some more goons. There's a gate that leads to a vent in the ground. You enter the vent. Their voices get louder, so they are probably getting closer.

"So, did you hear about that vigilante?" one of them asked the other two.

"You mean the one that took down those wannabe gangsters? Yeah, I heard about him. They call him the Guardian or something, right?" the second one asked.