𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛: 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖

===========================================================================

"I mean god... he's such a jerk."

You had just finished telling Selina about what had happened down in the 44 Below as you sat in the cab. You didn't even hear what place Selina told the man to drive to, you were so upset and instantly started ranting.

"An absolute asshole," she said as she rolled her eyes. She started telling you about what had happened on her end of the line, before she gave a sudden gasp. "I just remembered!"

"Jesus, cat, way to scare the shit outta me. What's wrong?"

She gave a sly look and smirked. "While you were busy with bat freak getting info from that D.A. guy, I was getting info from some loud-mouth customers."

You raised a brow, silently asking her to continue.

"Well, let's just say we'll be busy tomorrow night... hope you didn't have any plans," she said amusingly, before turning her gaze out the window.

You looked at her in silence, expecting her to continue, but she still looked on. You scoffed, "Um, hello? Are ya gonna clue me in on what's going down?"

She looked at you seriously, before a smirk crept onto her face and her facade broke. Laughing, she filled you in. "Okay, okay. According to some guy working in some narcotic lab, there's supposed to be a drop going on—a score, if you will. I wrote down the place he was talking about. Anyways, we sneak there and steal whatever money they're trading right from their noses. Come on," she winked, "can't be too hard."

She gave you an eager look as you thought it over. On one hand, you guys could really use that money—living isn't cheap. And it isn't like this would be the hardest thing you've done, you've done way worse...probably. But on the other hand...the consequences of getting caught are much higher. These guys probably wouldn't slap cuffs on you and send you to jail, they'd more likely shoot first and ask questions later, unlike that cop paroling the Mayor's office. But the money...

"Yeah, okay," you gave in. "Just give me the details-"

Your phone interrupted with a bzzzz.

Looking at your phone, you and Selina could see that it was your boss, Oswald Cobblepot.

Bzzzz.

You stared at the screen, panic filling you. Did he find something out? Are you in trouble? Maybe-

Bzzzz.

"I think you should answer that," Selina whispered. You hastily accepted the call and put the phone to your ear.

"Heya doll, how's it going?"

"Oh, it's going alright. It was a busy night tonight, you know how it gets," you laughed nervously.

"So me 'n Mr. Falcone have been talking; he says he's missed seein' ya 'round his place. He's invited you to accompany him to the Mayor's funeral tomorrow morning. Ain't that nice of him?"

You held your breath for a second. Carmine Falcone invited you to go with him? You must have stayed silent for a beat too long, because Oz spoke up.

"Hon?"

"Oh, um, yes! Yes, thank you for the invite. I'm just not sure that-"

"-I think you should go. Wouldn't want to upset Mr. Falcone, would you?"

"...no. Tell him that I'll be ready in the morning."

"Great, great. I'm sure he'll be pleased. We'll pick you up, darlin', don't worry about it. Have a good night." He hung up, leaving your eyes to linger on the dark phone screen. Selina's eyes burned into you as she nearly died of curiosity.