Chapter Eighteen || Where is Jim Gordon?

"You have to get rid of Kristen's glasses!" Ed whispered-yelled at Oswald through the phone

"You have to get rid of Kristen's glasses!" Ed whispered-yelled at Oswald through the phone. Charlotte had warned him to dispose of his ex-girlfriend's glasses after Lee's questioning. If someone found them, he would be in deep trouble.

Oswald sighed and shook his head in annoyance. Ed had to save Kringle's glasses in his home after he killed her. 'How clever of him,' Oswald thought sarcastically to himself. "Why did you keep her glasses, to begin with?"

"I told you I loved Miss Kringle," the words that left Ed's mouth made Charlotte smile. She liked the fact he used the past tense when referring to Kristen. He 'loved' her. Hopefully meaning that he had no feelings for the woman anymore. She was dead, so Ed would have to move on at some point. "Just get rid of them. Dr. Thompkins is suspicious".

Oswald was quick to end the phone call and went to do as Ed asked. Both forensic scientists shared a relieved look. Now there was one less evidence that could connect Ed to Kristen's disappearance.

Charlotte was in a good mood for the rest of the day and Ed was happy there were no more questions from any of his co-workers. The conversation with Dr. Thompkins had already been bad enough.

Both friends were excited to go home and relax for the day, but it seemed that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Charlotte went home but as soon as she arrived at her apartment, Ed called. Apparently, Oswald had gone after Theo Galavan only to find a beaten up Jim Gordon. She hurried back to Ed's house to know exactly what happened.

Once she arrived, Oswald was the one to open the door for her. Ed was sitting in front of his piano playing the Suzanne Waters' song about a mother's love. Oswald walked to stand beside Ed and they both sang the lyrics together. She smiled at both men and looked at Ed's bed to see Jim unconscious. Charlotte stepped closer to the bed and inspected his face. He had a small cut on his right cheek. It had stopped bleeding, but it needed to be cleaned. Fortunately, it didn't seem to have any dirt on the wound and it wouldn't need stitches.

The blonde made her way to the bathroom after taking a bottle of water from the kitchen and grabbed clean bandages. She walked back to the bed and sit down beside Jim. She soaked the bandage with water and started cleaning the dried blood from the Detective's face.

As soon as the bandage made contact with his skin, Gordon opened his eyes wide and grabbed Charlotte's wrist tightly.

"Charlotte?" He asked as soon as he noticed it was just her.

She nodded. "Yupe".

Jim looked around the room and his eyes landed on Ed and Oswald, who were playing and singing the last lyrics of the song.

"The path is dark,

So dark I can not see,