six.

chapter six
( xi. i know )

THE GIRL SIGHED, A LOT, WHICH PETER COULD TELL WAS HER WAY OF LETTING OUT STRESS

THE GIRL SIGHED, A LOT, WHICH PETER COULD TELL WAS HER WAY OF LETTING OUT STRESS. Peter couldn't help but smile, that's how the girl would act when they were about to take a big test. The last time he could remember her doing that would have to be the time of midterms, which had been bumped up two weeks and the girl completely freaked. Then, it made the both of them cry, neither of them were prepared; now, the boy laughed, they were so stressed for something that they both aced.

It was with that in mind that the boy decided to plug in the second to last video, it was time to finally finish them.

"Hey Peter," the girls face pushed through the screen, showing her bright green eyes. Only now could he see how things were affecting her; her eyes were sunken in and she seemed so frail.

"It's ya girl, Mira," the girl chuckled a bit, "anyways I wanted to tell you that I've known a pretty big secret of yours for a while."

"What the fuck?" Peter whispered, wishing that she was actually there, he couldn't read her face, at least not when it was on a camera.

"I know you're Spider-Man, Peter," Peter's heart stopped, "I started to figure out when the red spider became your main interest, that and you started sleep fighting and mumbling things under your breath."

"I'm um, angry at myself," Peter chuckled slightly, that was an odd idea for him to have to think about. Peter wasn't angry at himself, at least not in the way that is thought of when someone says that. He was just, disappointed that he wasn't the one to tell her. It felt like, to him, she was the one telling him that she was Spider-Man, not the other way around.

"I know that you're probably like, omg who the hell has she told? I haven't told anyone Peter," the girl chuckled, "we always promised each other that we would look out for one another no matter what. I figure that it's hard to be superhero, it's probably even harder to keep up with the idea that you have two completely different lives, I mean look at me. I can understand how hard it is to hide something from someone you care about most, but then again isn't it for the best? In my mind keeping you from my death would cause less pain, so I think that maybe you keeping me away from the superhero you was to protect me, you know?"

Peter did know, that was the reason he never told her. If something had happened to her when that secret was revealed he could have never trusted himself again, never.

"But Peter, I don't blame you. I know that you just wanted me to be safe, you just wanted me to be me and because of that you kept me in the dark about that part of you. That's one of the things that you should always keep with you, you know? Your ability to always want to see the positive in something, please don't loose it."