Since You've Been Gone

09
Since You've Been Gone
Season Two: Episode 3

Alister descended upon the balcony at Titans Tower. His dramatic entrance garnered the attention of everyone in the common room. They gawked at him in bewilderment.

Gar was the first to run to him. He wrapped his arms around Alister, careful not to squish his wings. "Hawkboy! I knew you were alive."

Alister patted Gar's back. "Of course I'm alive, and you can call me Alister, Gar." He said.

Gar pulled away with a sheepish grin. "Uh right. I knew you were alive Alister."

"Why was that in question anyway?" Alister asked. He joined the others on the inside of the Tower. Rachel hugged him next.

"It's good to see you. I never had the chance to thank you for... Trigon." Rachel said.

"Don't thank me, it was the right thing to do. I'm loving the new look, by the way. It suits you." Alister said.

Rachel smiled and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. Before she could say anything else, Dick cleared his throat.

"Were you followed?" Dick asked.

"Unlikely. People are so glued to their screens they don't bother looking up." Said Alister.

"Can you guys give us a minute, please?" Dick asked the kids.

Gar and Rachel shuffled out of the room. Jason, however, stayed put.

"You too, Jason." Dick said as he approached the old titans. He waited until Jason was gone to speak again. "I wish the circumstances were better but welcome home."

"You okay?" Dawn asked.

"Better now that you're all here." Dick answered. His gaze flashed to Alister but only for a second. He turned back to the others.

"Two attacks in two days. Did you find out anything?" Hank asked.

"Nothing you guys don't already know. Doctor Light's out of prison. Someone broke him out. There's been a trail of dead bodies ever since."

"We know. He killed a friend." Said Dawn.

"Thanks to Robin two-point-whatever, that little TV announcement put a target on our back." Hank said.

"Whatever the reason, Arthur Light's on a payback mission. He was trying to pick us off one by one. So, chances are, he's after us all now. But we're together, and we're strong." Said Dick.

"That's actually why I came back," Alister said. "Arthur's prison break has something to do with Vandal Savage."

"What does Vandal Savage want with a lowlife like Doctor Light?" Donna asked.

"Not totally sure yet. Lion-Mane was a little sparse on the details but he made it clear, Vandal Savage has a hand in this." Alister answered.

"So that's why you're back, then? No other reasons?" Donna asked.

Alister shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of. Did something else happen?" He asked.

"Oh I don't know, you mean besides the fact that you went missing for three months?" Asked Donna, hands on her hips.

Alister groaned. He was never going to hear the end of it. "Don I..."