Say The Words

17
Say The Words
Season Two: Episode 8

5 years ago

The night was cool. A soft breeze carried mist from the sea nearby. Mist that kissed Alister's skin. He could feel his wings twitch under their bindings. They longed to be free.

Alister stood up from his stool in the sand. His friends looked at him.

"Where are you going?" Dick asked.

"For a walk. I need to clear my head." He answered.

Donna stood up and grabbed his shoulder. "Alister, wait. Jericho's gonna be here any second now." She said.

"I know that, that's why I need to clear my head. Because if he takes one look at me, he'll see how disgusted I am with you guys." Alister said. He shrugged Donna off of him.

"We all agreed to this. I don't like it either, but it's our best shot at finding Slade." Dawn said. Her arm was draped around Dick's waist.

Alister rolled his eyes. "I said I'd help you guys take Deathstroke down after what he did to Garth, but I never agreed to manipulating a kid. There are lines even we shouldn't cross."

"It's too late to turn back now," Dick's rough tone cut Alister down. He stared directly into Alister's eyes and spoke again. "You can't take it back."

Alister glared at Dick. Their eyes said it all, there was no need for words. That dig, it wasn't about Jericho. It was about Wally, what Alister had done with him. It was about Dawn and what the both of them were doing to her.

"Hey, look what the surf dragged in." Said Dawn. The seriousness she held moments prior vanished. She was all sunshine and rainbows.

"I was beginning to think you blew us off," Dick said. A fake smile was plastered on his face as well.

"Homework, it never ends." Jericho signed. Dawn translated for the group, those that needed it anyway.

"Ah, it did for me. One day I woke up, no school, no books." Hank said as he caught a football.

"Weren't you expelled?" Dawn asked.

"Some say," shrugged Hank.

"Hey Alister, did you finish the record I recommended?" Jericho asked. His hands moved with an eagerness.

Alister smiled. "Yes, yes I did. I liked it, but I still think this new Apple Music thing is better." He teased.

Jericho scoffed. He went off on a tangent about how streaming would ruin the music industry.

"Well, Stereolab releases a new Japanese pressing today," Dick said. He fixed his eyes on Jericho.

"Twelve inch?" Asked Jericho.

"Twelve inch and the LP. Both on clear vinyl."

"I'm gonna take a walk," Said Alister. He ignored the looks from his friends and stalked away.