Chapter 43

The next few days Danny was on edge because of Vlad. Not to mention the fact that it felt like someone was watching his every move. And that someone was most definitely Bruce Wayne. It was clear that he had told Dick and Alfred to keep a close eye on him. No matter where he went in the manor, one of them always seemed to be lurking around the corner. A week later, he had finally had enough. "I'm going out..." Alfred tried to stop him, but he wouldn't hear it. He was out the door before he could say another word.

Alfred sighed and walked into the dining room where Bruce and Dick were eating. "Master Danny has gone out."

"What?!" Bruce asked surprised, "Where is he going?"

"I have no idea." The butler replied.

"We need to find out!" Bruce stood up, "This could be when he is meeting up with his contacts!"

Dick sighed, "Bruce, do you really believe that Danny is working with supervillains?"

"He could be!" Bruce said glaring at him, "You can't be too cautious in this line of work."

Dick shook his head, "Please Bruce, he probably left because he could tell we were keeping an eye on him."

Bruce looked down, "Perhaps you are right..." he sat back down, "I just don't want to put my trust in someone if he is going to betray it."

"Look," Dick started, "So far, Danny has given us no real reason to suspect that he is up to no good. Let's just trust him for now. Okay?"

"Alright..." Bruce sighed.

~time skip~

Danny kicked a pebble as he walked down the streets of downtown Gotham. He just couldn't believe Bruce. Sure, Danny acted a little suspiciously, but not suspicious in a supervillain kind of way! Not to mention, Vlad could come to take him at any moment. Needless to say, Danny was stressed, and he just wanted to have some fun.

He pulled out his phone and dialed a familiar phone number. It rang several times, before the person on the other end picked up, "Hello?"

Danny smiled, "Hey Dani."

"Daddy! Hey!" she said excitedly. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." He asked.

"Sure! Just give me one second!" she hung up.

A few minutes later a portal, curtesy of Wulf, appeared and out popped Dani. She ran over and gave him a hug. He squeezed her back, "I've missed you."

She let go, "Frostbite told me about Vlad. So, it's bad?"

He nodded, "We don't know when Vlad will strike. It's probably dangerous for you to be here, but I really wanted to see you..."

"Forget about Vlad for now." She said smiling. "Let's just do something fun."

"That sounds good." the two walked down the street hand in hand.

~time skip~

Danny was currently treating them to milkshakes at the Nasty Burger when his communicator went off. "Hello?"

"Hi, Danny." It was Black Canary. "Sorry about this but... I think we've found one of your... people... it's in Metropolis."

"I'm on my way!" he quickly hung up. "We need to go."

They rushed to the nearest Zeta Tube. Danny and Dani stood in front of the scanner. "Recognized Danny Phantom and Danny Phantom."

Dani laughs, "It thinks I'm you!"

"It must be because we share the same DNA. Come on." He punched in Metropolis on the screen and they both stepped into the phone box. 

(A/N - Hey guys, sorry this one is shorter. Stay whelmed and go ghost!)