nineteen;;

"I think I'll hire you, Katya. Have you thought about teaching any sport in Wisconsin? Surf, skate? I really wouldn't mind having you around longer! I've never seen Trixie as focused and happy as in the past few days. She even forgot about her cell phone! I think your company did her very well."

We were in the hotel restaurant and my mom was embarrassing me as always. She'd already told Katya from stories from when I was a child to current cases. Luckily the food arrived, and from there on it was only the food.

When we finished, Katya asked my mother if I could go with her to find some friends who wanted to say goodbye to me. She agreed, but asked me not to take very long, as I couldn't sleep late, since we were leaving early the next morning.

As soon as we left the hotel, she hugged me. It was snowing and windy, but her hug was so warm that I wasn't even feeling cold.

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," she said, running a hand through my hair.

I also couldn't believe it. I wanted to move there. At least until winter is over.

"I'm glad you're still going to be in the capital for two days," she added. "I think you'll like it there too."

I was anxious to get to know the city where she spent a lot of time, but without her there, I don't think it'd be so funny...

Suddenly I thought of something. "Katya, you said that your family also lives in the USA. Is there any chance that you have a relative in Wisconsin?"

"Yes I have. I haven't been there for many years, though", she explained. "I've some cousins ​​who are still in Wisconsin, but every year they come here, so it turns out that we don't travel there so much. But for a few days now I found myself wanting to go again, you know..."

"Really?", I asked smiling. "Any special reasons for this sudden urge?"

Instead of answering, she held my face in both hands and gave me another long kiss. The snow was falling around us, and when she moved away and I looked at her, against the background of the snowy mountains that I'd learned to like in the past few days, I realized that my mother was right. I'd never felt so happy and peaceful. As if everything I'd experienced before was just an imitation of feelings. As if I'm just now really getting to know love.

Felt tears suddenly wetting my face. I didn't want that feeling to stop. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to be without her.

"What is it, kukla? Is everything okay?", she asked, wiping my face and looking at me with concern.

I just shook my head and hugged her. She took a deep breath and said in my ear: "I'll find a way for us to meet again. Who knows, I may visit you soon?".

I hugged her tighter and said I'd love for her to do that.

Then we walked hand in hand to the pub. I thought that as soon as we get there, Katya would let go of my hand, but she didn't even consider that possibility. She only left me when she went to greet her friends. As soon as we sat down, she put her hand on my thigh and sometimes hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, as if we'd been girlfriends from many years. Instead of being happy, I felt increasingly sad. I didn't want it to last just one night. I'd spent so much time contenting myself with liking someone who'd never liked me, that now, feeling Katya's affection and realizing that we were on the same wavelength, which she was also feeling, I was devastated by that good feeling having a time to finish.

Her friends were saying that from the first day they'd noticed it was more than friendship, and the girls kept saying that we were a beautiful couple. Only Pearl would never stop glaring at us. I left to go to the bathroom, and shortly after she also appeared there.