Origins

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Midoriya but Izuku seems to be quirkless." The news hit the Midoriyas like a truck, each one feeling a different emotion. Izuku couldn't be a hero like he dreamed of. Many thoughts ran through the five-year-old's head. How would his best friend react? Will his parents still love him? Will he still be useful? His mother was holding back her tears because she knew how much Izuku wanted to be a hero but at that moment his dream was shattered into pieces. As for his father he remained silent with a stoic look on his face, his emotions were unreadable and it made Izuku worry. After a moment of silence, Hsiashi stood up then said, "Thank you for your time doctor. Come on let's go." The ride home was silent, nobody has said a word due to the pressure that was in the air.

When the family arrived home Izuku tried to go to his room but was stopped by Hisashi who had a firm grip on his shoulder. Izuku turned around and said, "U-Uh dad you're hurting me." Hisashi said in a stern voice, "I don't care." Before Izuku could ask what he was talking about Hisashi slapped Izuku to the ground and said, "Without a quirk, you're nothing but a useless burden to me. Now get the hell out of my sight." Izuku scrambled to his feet and ran to his room, he laid on his bed and began sobbing. A minute later his door opened, he thought it was his father so he hid under the sheets but instead he heard the voice of his mother say, "It's okay Izuku it's just me." Izuku is relieved to hear his mother's voice and comes out from the sheets to immediately hug her. Inko pats his back as Izuku sobs into her shoulder then she says, "Izuku I will always love you for who you are, it doesn't matter if you have a quirk or not because you're still my son." Izuku hugs Inko tighter and says, "I love you too mom."

For the next ten years, Izuku's father would punish him for being a useless waste of space, Inko would try to intervene but she also experienced his abuse which made Izuku feel sad and disappointed in himself for not having the strength to save his own mother. Things only got worse at school because when he told his classmates he was quirkless they started to bully him while the teachers did nothing to stop it. Every day he would walk back home covered in cuts and bruises, Inko tried to help but he assured her that he could handle it. It was now the last day of middle school. Izuku was waiting for the final bell to ring so he could leave before the bullies got a chance to use him as their punching bag. The teacher was talking about schools but Izuku paid no attention because he didn't sign up for a school. A minute later the bell rang and Izuku wasted no time running out of the class but he heard fast footsteps not too far behind him so he darted behind a nearby wall and waited for the bullies to pass. His plan worked as he saw the bullies run past him and he let out a sigh of relief. 

Izuku decided to take a shortcut home by walking under a bridge while thinking about his future or if he will have one. However, his thoughts were interrupted when he heard a strange noise coming from below him. All of a sudden a sludge villain burst out from the ground while saying, "Not good, I didn't know he would be in town!" Izuku tried to sneak away but he was spotted by the villain then said, "Ah perfect a medium-sized body." Izuku tried to run but the villain was too fast and caught him with his sludge and began to suffocate him. Izuku tried fighting back but he was losing air and getting weaker, when he was about to lose consciousness he heard a booming voice say, "Texas Smash!" His vision was blurry but he was able to see what he thought was the number one hero but his vision faded to black.

Izuku woke to somebody slapping him while saying, "Hey, Hey! Wake up!" Izuku blinked his eyes open only to see the number one hero, his idol All Might. He was in shock as he said, "A-All Might! Uh, thank you for saving me!" All Might laughed as he said, "It's no problem young one! Now I must bring this villain to the police station!" Before All Might flew away Izuku said, "W-wait please could I ask you a question?" All might turns around and says, "What is it?" Izuku took a breath then said, "Do you think I become a hero without a quirk?" there was silence for a minute until All Might said, "No I don't think it's possible, hero work is dangerous and you would be in the way. You should be more realistic." All Might jumped away leaving Izuku alone to process what he said