Epilogue

Yeah, so it's me again. Officer Gordon. Things have gone downhill fast. Scarecrow got stopped, but then Mr. Freeze appeared and now this clown, things have certainly taken a turn.

Luckily, the stuff's over. Joker's been stopped. Everyone's too shaken up by his kill count tonight alone to do any crime. They don't even wanna touch him.

Scarecrow's labs got raided by GCPD forces and all traces of Fear Toxins have been destroyed, with Jonathan Crane locked behind bars forevermore, unable to make more and terrify Gotham.

Victor's pretty happy in his new cell. The heat keeps him from being powerful enough to do much of anything requiring much strength at all. His suit's been auctioned off to the Penguin. Not sure what he's planning there.

Joker's not gonna be leaving Arkham Asylum anytime soon. He's serving a few hundred lifetime sentences. As a result of the destruction of Arkham Asylum being his doing, he's been ordered to personally fix it, brick by brick, under the watch of fifteen armed men at once. Batman's done one hell of a job.

Commissioner Loeb's still out to get the Batman, though. That's probably never gonna change. One thing I've learned in this city is that you look at the Batman one of three ways.

He's against the city. He wants to run it to the ground by decimating "innocent" civilians and "homeless" people. He doesn't want to stop crime, he wants to be the worst one on the ladder.

Or he's a disgusting goody-two shoes. He's after you. He wants you to suffer because you stole a loaf of bread when times were tough. He wants you to hurt for every lie you tell. He wants you to be unhappy.

That, or he's the Hero. He's the one line between this city and hell itself. He's the factor that stops things from getting too bad. He's the guy who's behind every crime boss falling, every villain being caught, every criminal getting what they deserve.

No one knows for certain what exactly the Batman is, but I think he's the Hero. Not the hero this city deserves, but the hero this city needs.

And to be frank, Gotham needs it's hero.