19 | Ideas

"Under the sea?"

"What is this? spongebob, no."

"How about a Masquerade ball?"

"That's even worse than the first!" I rubbed my eyes.

"Zombie Apocalypse."

"Now you guys are just fucking with me" I groaned.

"Language" Roman warned.

"Hey, come on, guys. Homecoming is just three days away, and we're way off schedule. Can we get back on track?"

I turned towards Roman, noticing his stern expression. "Roman, my friend, please tell me you have something truly amazing to suggest. I need a little spark of inspiration here."

He shrugged, and his gaze met Myvy's. She glanced back at him with a smile. What was that?

"Well, how about we go for something like Hollywood in the 2000s?" she suggested.

I took a moment to consider it. "Good! Thank goodness we have someone here with useful ideas" I exclaimed, shooting a glance at Greyson and Safiya.

The two of them exchanged eye rolls.

Safiya is our media coordinator; she's in charge of managing the council's communication and publicity efforts. Last week, both she and Greyson were sick for some reason; they probably caught my cold, but we never know.

Greyson is our treasurer; he's responsible for managing the financial aspects of the council's activities and events.

"Okay, now that we finally have our theme, let's plan how it will go, then send our ideas to the office." They all nod.

Today was the student council meeting, and we had to choose a theme for homecoming, which is in three days. But thanks to Nora, we're a bit off schedule. She was in charge of getting the necessary papers, but she never did.

And now we have no idea where the hell she is. How fantastic is our vice president?

"Alright, we should now brainstorm some ideas for how the venue should look." Roman said he was checking a box off his notebook.

"It can't be in our budget, though; last time we went past, we remembered what happened." Greyson trailed off, staring at Safiya.

"Yeah, I wonder who's fault that was" Safiya mumbled loud enough for us to hear.

Greyson shot her a look, then opened his mouth, about to say something.

"Guys. It's time to be serious." I interrupted, standing up. "We only have two days to prepare this thing; it's either we finish it all today or no one leaves; remember, I have the keys." I said, juggling the key around my finger.

As time went on, we all got caught up in our own tasks but still managed to help each other. Myvy and Roman seemed particularly close, and I couldn't help but wonder if there was more going on between them.

Although I've always thought of Roman as someone who isn't interested in relationships, but hey, you never know what can happen.

As the sun began to set, my phone started ringing. Aiden? I paused, squinting to see the name closer. Did he actually put a red heart emoji next to his name? This guy cannot be real.

Deciding to ignore his call, I started packing things up. It was time to wrap things up for the day.

Safiya was the first one to leave, as she bid her goodbyes and left swiftly, followed by Greyson.

Roman scoffed, "Those two, first to leave and last to arrive"

"They probably have other things to take care of after school, Roman" Myvy replied. She gently placed her hand on his shoulder and then turned to me, handing over a paper. "Here are all the ideas we came up with. I wrote them down for you to submit to the office."

I nod. "Thanks a lot, Myvy."

A few minutes later, both Myvy and Roman departed, leaving me to lock the door with my key.

"Good evening, Zhera." A soft, croaky voice startled me.

"Oh, Mr. Benson! Good evening. Are you back from your break already?" I asked, surprised.

He nodded, closing his eyes. "Yes, I spent some time with my kids in Thailand."

"That's wonderful." I replied, leaning from one leg to another.

"I know you're in a hurry, but before you go, here." Mr. Benson reached into his pockets and pulled out a small souvenir.

"My granddaughter gave it to me. She told me to give it to someone it reminded me of, and you came to mind." He handed the souvenir to me.

A soft smile graced my lips as I held the pendant in front of me. It was a beautiful violet flower.

"Thank you so much, sir" I said gratefully.

Mr. Bennett hummed a light tone as he made his way past me, his hands crossed behind him.

Mr. Bennett is the school's janitor; he's the oldest worker in the school. I've known him since I stepped into this school; he's like a granddad to me.

Meet me in English class - Aiden❤️