21 | Question

"These dresses are so expensive," I said as I checked the price tags of the dresses. "Don't worry, my dad's got it covered," Ciara reassured me, flashing a black card.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, he said, since this is our last homecoming, he's going to spoil us."

"That's why I love your dad, Ciara," Kehlani chimed in as she emerged from the changing room.

"A little too much, if you ask me," I muttered under my breath.

"So, how does this dress look?" Kehlani twirled around in a beautiful beige gown with a long, open back. Ciara and I both squealed, "Oh my gosh, it looks so good on you. I told you you should've tried a new colour."

"Yeah, green definitely isn't my color."

We're currently dress shopping for homecoming tomorrow. At this high-end boutique that was clearly not my usual scene, you should see the prices way above my budget.

A tall and elegant blonde woman approached us with a warm smile. "You ladies, alright?" she inquired with a friendly smile.

I glanced at Ciara, who gave me a knowing look. "Actually, my friend here is having a bit of a hard time finding something she really likes," Ciara chimed in, her eyes scanning the racks of expensive dresses.

Her offer put me at ease, and I mustered a smile. "I'm looking for something elegant yet comfortable."

She took a moment to carefully examine the dresses around the shop, her eyes scanning the racks. Then, with a stride, she began to make her way to the other side of the boutique. I followed behind reluctantly.

"Well, we do have a few options that might fit your criteria. Let me show you a couple of dresses that could be just what you're looking for."

I nodded, getting closer. She looked me up and down. "You're a bit on the taller side; I'm guessing you'll want a longer dress."

"yup."

"Alright then, what colour do you lean towards?" she asked.

"I'm more into lighter colours, like light blue, purple, or even black," I replied.

She nodded and shifted through a rack of clothes, pulling out three dresses. "Try these on in the fitting rooms over there, and we'll see how they look."

I thanked her and headed towards the changing rooms.

The first dress I tried on was a light pink one. It had a cute design, but the front was very revealing and made me feel like my breasts could slip out at any moment. Needless to say, it wasn't the right choice for me. I decided not to show it to Khelani and Ciara since I wasn't a fan of it myself.

The second dress, on the other hand, was absolutely beautiful. It was a black off-the-shoulder dress with an open back that was tied with delicate strings. It didn't make me too uncomfortable and had a pretty long slit on the sides. I felt much more confident in this one.

I stepped out of the changing room. "So?"

Their faces lit up with surprise and awe. Kehlani was the first to say, "You look so hot!"