40 | Rumours

"Aww, look at the love bird," Kehlani cooed as I made my way to my locker.

Ciara greeted me with a tight hug, her excitement evident. "So, how does it feel to have a boyfriend?" she asked eagerly.

I shrugged nonchalantly, trying to downplay my emotions. "It's fine."

"You don't have to pretend anymore, and you know? Everyone's been buzzing about you two," Ciara said.

"Why? What's the big deal?"

Ciara's tone became more animated as she explained, "Well, think about it. The two top students of our school, who used to constantly argue, are suddenly getting along and even going places together on the trip. It's kind of a major deal."

"Yeah, like one of those adorable romance stories," Kehlani smiled, lost in her daydreams of love stories she adores.

Ciara and I started giggling at her useless ass fantasies

"You guys can laugh all you want, but don't forget, I was your number one supporter. I just knew there was something special waiting to bloom."

I placed my hands on her shoulders "Alright Thank you, Kehlani."

Changing the subject, Kehlani asked, "So, where is he? I thought you guys would be strolling in hand in hand through the front doors."

I scoffed. "I'd rather be caught dead than do that."

I'm not really the touchy-feely type, you know? private kisses and hugs are fine, but at SCHOOL? no way in hell. It doesn't matter how much I love him, I would never do that.

"Oh our Zhera never the affectionate type, Aiden is strong."

"What's that supposed to mean."

They both laughed while making their ways to class "oh nothing, enjoy your day!"

I hurriedly made my way to the bathroom, clutching my stomach in pain as my period decided to make its grand entrance on a Monday. What a wonderful life I have, right?

I've been hiding out in here for a few minutes now, gently rubbing my stomach to ease the discomfort. Suddenly, I overheard some voices, probably three or four girls entering the washroom.

"Did you guys hear about how Leigha was practically glued to Aiden the entire senior trip?" I heard one voice say.

Being the curious person that I am, I stayed quiet and listened in. Hey, don't judge me. When I heard my boyfriend's name and someone else mentioned, of course, I couldn't resist eavesdropping.

"Yeah, I mean, she's cool and everything, but it did seem like she was craving attention, you know?"

" Can you blame her, tho? Aiden is seriously smoking hot. I mean, I might do the same thing."

They all burst into laughter, and for a moment, I couldn't help but scrunch my face in annoyance. But then I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

"It's so obvious that he's not into her, but she just can't seem to take the hint. It's honestly embarrassing. And let's not forget, everyone knows he's completely obsessed with Zhera."

My heart skipped a beat as I heard my name being mentioned. I froze in place, not wanting to miss a single word.

"Oh, you mean that smart girl? I've seen her in the halls before. She's cute, I can totally understand why he's so obsessed with her."