20: Save Her, Please

Detective John Blake studied the video surveillance footage from the stock market attack, pausing it on the frame where Bría Rós was clearly visible. He leaned closer to the screen and studied her face; she was not a hostage, she was not scared to be around Bane -the masked man that Gordon had seen deep in the endless tunnels. Blake turned to glance at the maps of those very tunnels beside him; there were too many to locate Bane, it was impossible.

But this was a new lead; he was positive he had seen Bría Rós in the hospital the day Commissioner Gordon had been attacked in the sewers, which meant that she was running basic tasks for Bane. She posed as his hostage for the attack on the stock market, but Blake wanted to know why she did it. Her history was not clean, not by any means, but she had never previously shown signs of this sort of evil.

He certainly had his doubts about the prison system, but he did not think that six years in a medium facility prison would cause Bría Rós to act out, to turn to such horrible terrorism. Having access to her entire criminal record and history, he found that she only had one next of kin, the same person written down for all of her emergency contacts. She had no one in Gotham, and that's when Blake knew; she had gone to someone like Bane because Gotham had failed her, had nothing for her.

Blake sighed, then picked up the receiver and made the long distance call.

"Hallo?" a soft but older voice answered.

"This is Detective John Blake, am I speaking with Clara Rós?"

She sighed, and then said, "This is her. You're phoning to talk about my daughter, yes? Have you seen her? Is she alive?"

"She's alive, last I knew. However, she's gotten herself into some trouble."

"I can't help you, Mr. Blake, she hasn't contacted me. I'm no use when it comes to finding her, I don't even have a phone number to reach her at," Clara informed hm.

"Ma'am," Blake needed to speak, "I believe she has gotten herself involved with some very bad people. I don't yet know who they are, or what they are planning... but it is something big. If you have any idea who they are, and why your daughter had become affiliated with them, I'd be grateful for any information."

There was a silence on the phone, "I always knew they would find her."

"Find her? Who?" Blake stood up, the intensity of the phone call making him jittery.

"Her father was a very bad man, he always knew she would end up like him. So I took her away, far away from him..." There were sounds of sniffles, crying. "As a child she acted out, all the time. First on classmates, then on the teachers... She went through years of therapy and she turned out good. Bría is a good person, Mr. Blake, you must understand that. But she has a darkness inside of her that I could never get rid of, no matter what I did. That part of her father was always a part of her..."

"I don't understand, who was her father?"

"His name is David Cain... He was a part of some awful organization. I don't know much more than that. I just wish she... Mr. Blake?"

"Yes?"

"Save her, please... She isn't bad, she isn't a bad person."

"I will... I will try," he replied, conflicted and more confused than he had been before he called Clara Rós. 

Comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed! Also I have started a Kylo Ren fanfic! Check it out if you're into Star Wars.