Chapter 7

To get his frustration out, Alec was in the training room for most of the day.

Sophia minded her own business, because she knew he was upset.

"Alec, are you okay?" Clary asked as she walked into the training room.

"Pretty bold of you to show your face here."

She sighed.

"I can explain."

"Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it."

Alec went to punch the bag again but she continued.

"Alec, Jace is my brother, too."

He turned to her, standing directly in front of her.

"You barely know him. I grew up with him. I fought by his side. He's my brother. He's my best friend."

"Alec..."

Clary reached out to grab his arm but he moved it and stepped back.

"Alec, I want Jace back as much as you do. I... I am not my mother."

"How well do I even know you? I mean you show up out of nowhere, you convince my brother, you convince me to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace is gone. And your mother is the one trying to kill him."

"I had nothing to do with that, Alec. I would never hurt Jace."

"Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright. Izzy was almost deruned. And now Valentine has my parabatai. And its all because of you."

Izzy walked into the room.

"Alec... I'm sorry." Clary said still face to face with Alec.

"Alec, this isn't her fault." Izzy tried to tell him.

"When are you going to realize you don't belong here? You never have."

He left at that, leaving Clary to let the words sink in.

"Alec..." Izzy said as she watched him start to leave, before looking back at Clary, sighing before she went after him.

~~~~~
~~~~~

"Izzy... Izzy, please. You wouldn't want to be benched on this. Let me come with you." Clary tried to reason with her.

Alec wasn't having it.

Mundane have been going missing in gyms, dojo's and all those places, Valentine needed them. Which, to Alec, was a way to get to Jace.

"Did you not hear me before? There's no place for you here. Let's go Izzy. I need to tell Sophia before we leave."

Izzy looked torn, but knew it was for the best, as she followed her brother.

"Sophia..." Alec said going into her room.

The little girl who looked so much like her mother, looked up from her spot on her bed.

"You have a mission don't you? "

He nodded.

"I do, but we'll be back before you know it."

She nodded slightly.

"Okay..."

~~~~
~~~~

Izzy made her way to Clary's room, soon walking in.

"Hey, Clary, all those things Alec said about you... You know I don't feel that way."

"You have every right to." Clary said lowering the sketch book in her hands and looking up at her.