Chapter 9

Magnus and Izzy were in the room with Alec, as Magnus was trying to help bring him back. Sophia slowly knocked on the door, tears in her eyes.

She tried multiple times to get in the room, but because she was so young, and the fact that it was her father, they didnt let her in.

A few moments later the door opened, and Sophia found herself being met by Izzy.

"Let me in please. I need to see daddy." She said her voice cracking slightly.

She wasn't there with her mother, and she felt like she needed to be there with her father.

Izzy sighed a bit, before she crouched down and said.

"Sophia. I cant let you in here. You know your dad loves you right?"

The little girl nodded, tears in her eyes.

"He's dying, isn't he?"

At that Izzy didnt say anything, and that was all it took for the little girl to break down, flinging herself into Izzy's arms.

~~~~~

~~~~~

"Its not working." Isabelle said to Magnus as he kept trying to help Alec.

"I'm sorry, Isabelle. Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls. Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strength. It's an angelic bond. My magic can only do so much. "

"So Jace is like this too?"

"Not necessarily. It appears that when Alec called out to him, part of his soul never returned. Now he's stuck, lost somewhere between himself and his Parabatai. "

"But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul..." Isabelle trailed off.

"We may very well have a cure. Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly."

After thinking for a second, Isabelle made a decision.

"Stay with Alec, I'll go find Jace. And make sure Sophia doesn't come in here, she doesn't need to see him like this." She said before she got up and left the room.

Jace's POV,

After waking up on the beach, and having that mundane assume that I killed Gretel, I ran. I ran as far as I could, knowing I had to get to a phone so I could call Izzy to see if Cece and Clary got back or not.

Walking up to the nearest shop, I stopped for a minute and let the cops pass, before I went in. I didnt realize it was a bar until I walked in.

"Well you look like you could use a drink. And a towel." A girl, who was behind the bar and drying a glass, said.

"Just, um... Just your phone?" I asked as I subtly pointed towards the wall, the phone was on.

"I'd ask what happened to yours, but I'm guessing it got wet. "

"Its a long story." I said as I walked towards the bar.

"Well, I'm stuck here all night, and besides, I hear Shadowhunters love to hear themselves talk." I looked over at the girl.

"What, you didnt think I would recognize those runes on the back of your neck?" She said, and then I noticed the claw marks on her neck.

"You're a werewolf."

"Typically, the phone is for paying customers, but I'm feeling generous, so... On the house." She said as she put down a drink and the phone.

"Thank you...." I trailed off, not knowing her name.