Prologue

"Has mother left for the evening?" Jason looked up from the book he was reading when he heard his little brother enter the room, nodding his head without a word. Damian sighed, taking a seat on the couch across from Jason. "I wonder what the mission is this time."

"She mentioned something about a trip to Moscow before she departed." Jason shrugged, turning the page of his book. "I knew better than to ask any questions."

Damian didn't answer his brother, opting to look out the window past Jason's shoulder that over looked their sprawling estate. He let his mind wander, not thinking of anything of importance as he surveyed the S.W.A.T team come pulling up their long drive.

Damian blinked, jumping up from the couch and alarming Jason. "Jason, the S.W.A.T are here! What do we do?"

"Run!"

The two brothers began to make their way out of the upper living room, heading towards the main staircase when the front door burst in along with the glass ceiling. Damian let out a shriek as Jason shielded him from the falling shards.

"This way, quickly." Jason yanked Damian down another corridor, only to be cornered by more S.W.A.T agents. Immediately, Jason got into a defensive position until Damian put a hand on his forearm.

"That will just make the situation worse." The youngest Al Ghul hissed, forcing Jason's arms to lower. The two brothers sank to the floor, placing their arms behind their heads as a S.W.A.T agent approached them.

"What are your names?" He barked out, glaring at the two of them through his goggles.

"I'm pretty sure you already know that." Jason drawled, wincing when Damian elbowed him. "Jason and Damian Al Ghul, where is our mother?"

"We finally apprehended Talia Al Ghul before she boarded a plane to Moscow. Do you know how hard it has been to capture your terrorist of a mother? Very difficult, but we have done it. She gave away the location of this safe house, presumably as she knows she will not be making it out of prison."

"Then you clearly don't know our mother." Damian hissed, glaring at the agent. "What becomes of my brother and I?"

"You two? Well, you get off easy if you ask me. You are being sent to live with your father." The agent snorted.

"Our father is dead." Jason spat coldly. "So nice try."

"Your father is very much alive, young man. Now come along, we will escort you to his house after you are processed."

"If we are not criminals, why do we need to be processed?"

"Standard procedure."

Jason and Damian shot daggers out of their eyes at the agents who cuffed them, knowing better than to fight back. They followed the S.W.A.T team out of their house, sparing one last glance towards their childhood home that they knew would be their last.

Eighteen Hours Later

"Did you even alert our father of our existence or our arrival?" Damian questioned their driver from the back seat of the S.W.A.T vehicle, no longer in handcuffs but still being treated like criminals.

The driver said nothing, just kept driving in silence. Damian sighed, sitting back next to Jason who was being uncharacteristically quiet. They drove in silence the rest of the way, none of the other two agents offering any information and the two brothers not in the mood to talk to each other.

It wasn't long until the S.W.A.T vehicle stopped driving and Damian tried to glance out the window, catching a glimpse of a mansion that rivaled their childhood home in size and elegance. The back door to the vehicle opened and the two brothers were being ushered out, S.W.A.T agents on either side of them, as if they were going to run.

Jason scoffed at the thought.

One of the agents knocked on the door, stepping back to stand next to the Al Ghul brothers. It took just a few moments before the door swung open to reveal an older butler standing there with a cool expression. He observed the two brothers and the S.W.A.T agents calmly before gesturing for them to follow him into the mansion without a word.

Jason and Damian exchanged a look but followed the butler, the S.W.A.T agents a few steps behind them. They reached a sprawling living room with beautiful furniture expertly placed throughout and the butler motioned for them to sit.

"I shall alert Master Bruce of your arrival, gentlemen." The butler left them alone in a tense silence, nobody saying a word as the two brothers observed what would be their new home. It was cozier than their mansion, more homey feeling but just as extravagant.

Damian looked away from the roaring fire when he heard footsteps, turning to the doorway when a voice announced the presence of someone new. "Ah, thank you gentlemen for bringing my sons home to me. I can take it from here."

Damian scrutinized the man who spoke, unable to deny the resemblance they bared. They shared the same bone structure and blue eyes, the same raven colored hair, and Damian could see a bit of Jason in the man's smile. There was no denying this man was their father.

But why had mother told them he was dead?

The man finished his brief conversation with the departing S.W.A.T agents, turning his gaze to Jason and Damian, both of whom stiffened. He approached them, taking a seat on the opposite couch. "Well, I'm not sure what your mother has told you about me, but my name is Bruce Wayne and I'm your father."

"She told us you were dead. Why?" Jason spoke coldly, crossing his arms over his chest as he narrowed his eyes at Bruce.

"Talia and I...we did not have the most stable of relationships." Bruce sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Stable enough for you to produce two offspring." Damian scoffed. "Did you know she is in jail?"

"The S.W.A.T team informed me. I'm sorry." Bruce coughed awkwardly, standing up. "Shall I show you to your rooms? We can meet your siblings before dinner."

"Siblings?" Jason barely hid his disdain.

"Yes, I have six other children with my fiancée." Bruce gestured for the two brothers to follow him. "Alfred, would you find the others and have them meet us in the library?"

"Certainly, sir."

The trio walked in tense silence as they made their way towards the bedrooms, stopping short for Bruce to show them which rooms were theirs. "This one is yours, Jason. Damian, yours is across the hall, next to Tim's and Stephanie's. This is Helena's, that is Cassandra's, next to hers is Dick's, Barbara's is next to Dick's, and mine and Selina's is at the end of the hallway." Bruce clapped his hands once, turning to lead his sons to the library. "Now, let's meet your siblings." As they got closer to the library, Damian could hear the ruckus coming from inside. He mentally prepared himself as his father opened the door and whistled, the six inhabitants immediately falling silent. "Guys, these are Jason and Damian, my sons from Talia Al Ghul."

"The terrorist? Damn, dad, you sure get around." One of the girls chuckled, stopping when she saw the glare from both Jason and Damian. "Hi, I'm Helena."

"I'm Barbara."

"I'm Richard, but everyone calls me Dick."

"I'm Timothy, but Tim will do."

"Cassandra."

"I'm Stephanie, the cool sister." The only blonde teen spoke up, dodging the pillow Helena threw at her. "You know it's true, Hel."

Damian and Jason looked at one another before sighing in unison, taking a step into their new life.