Chapter Forty Five

This story is almost over and I honestly have so many mixed feelings over this. I have been working on this story for MONTHS and here we are, so close to the finish line. I have the epilogue written and everything. (Yes, I wrote the epilogue before I wrote the final few chapters, sue me).

Anyways, here we go. (I may or may not be tearing up right now...)

The sun was shining down on Wayne manor that beautiful Saturday morning, waking Jason from his slumber. He sat up, stretching his arms high over his head before running his hands along the scars on his stomach and his cheek.

It had been two months since he woke up in the hospital, two months since he died and came back to life, two months since he learned his mom was pregnant with his little sibling.

He got out of bed, slipping a shirt on before making his way down stairs. Jason walked into the kitchen, finding Selina at the counter with a cup of tea in her hands. He smiled at her, making his way over to the fridge. "Hey, mom, how're you feeling?"

"I feel okay. How are you, Jason? Are the nightmares still happening?" Selina asked, concern on her features.

Jason shrugged, his face in the fridge. "They come and they go."

"Are they still about...you know?"

Jason sighed, turning to face Selina. "Yeah, they're still about Damian. I can't seem to get the image out of my head..." Jason shuddered. He felt Selina wrap her arms around him and he returned the hug. "Mom?"

"Mm?"

"Before the whole...gala incident...why were you and dad fighting?" Jason asked, pulling out of the hug.

Selina sighed, putting a hand on her small baby bump. "We were fighting over the baby, actually. We were both stressed over the prospect of bringing a new child into the household when we...when weren't sure they would be safe."

Jason looked down, a pang of guilt hitting him like the blade of Damian's knife. It was his fault, after all, for involving Ra's in their lives. If he hadn't then his parents wouldn't have fought and the tension wouldn't have existed between them.

Selina saw the look on his face and lifted his chin to look at her. "Jason, don't blame yourself. The fight between us was inevitable. We weren't just fighting over the safety of the child, we were fighting about wedding stuff, as well. You are not to blame for your parents' problems."

Jason smiled a wobbly grin at Selina. "When is the wedding? Have you two picked a date?"

Selina brought Jason over to the kitchen island, sitting down next to him. "We have. We decided to have the wedding in six months, after the baby is born."

Jason looked down at Selina's bump. "You two still aren't finding out what you're having?"

Selina smiled. "Nope." She popped the 'p'. "We want it to be a surprise. Plus, we don't want to listen to either the boys or the girls for the next few months bragging or complaining about numbers."

Jason chuckled. "Fair enough. Personally, I don't care whatever gender the baby is."

"Same here, as long as the baby is healthy." Selina rubbed her belly bump.

"Have you thought of names?"

Selina laughed. "I'm not telling you. Nice try though." She stood up, ruffling his hair. "Be a dear and wake your siblings?"

Jason stood up, kissing Selina's cheek. "Yes, mom."

Jason walked out of the room, leaving Selina to get back to her tea. She took a sip, side eyeing the doorway. "You can come out now, Damian."

Damian walked out from the doorway, a sheepish expression on his face. "How'd you know I was there?"

Selina chuckled. "I'm a mother, Damian. I know theses things." She gestured for him to come into the room. He walked up to her and hugged her, Selina kissing the top of his head. "How much did you hear?"

Damian was quiet for a moment before he responded. "What are Jason's nightmares about me?"

Selina sighed. "That, Damian, is for you to discuss with Jason. It isn't my place to tell. You can ask him during therapy later today."

Damian nodded, pulling out of the hug. "Mom?"

"Yes, Damian?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled at him, kissing his forehead. "Now, be a dear and help me set the table for Alfred?"

Damian nodded, grabbing the plates from the cabinets for his mom. He grabbed the silverware, carrying them on top of the plates as he brought them to the table. Damian set the table, his mind wandering to the thought of therapy later that day.

The family had been having a family therapist come to the house for the past month and a half, as well as individual therapists for each member of the household. Damian, for one, was grateful for this. He had a lot to unpack.

Family therapy was interesting, it brought up a lot from the family's past that Damian wasn't privy to before. He was glad everyone was finally working through their issues, as a family unit. Even Jason was participating, opening up about his guilt and feelings of worthlessness, his desires to die. Everyone was supporting his recovery and Damian was proud of his brother for opening up, proud of him for taking the first step towards healing.

He wasn't all that fond of Jason still talking to Roy, but he knew Jason was his own person and was allowed to make his own decisions, no matter how much he disagreed with them. He just wanted his brother to be happy and safe, so if talking to Roy made him happy for some reason, Damian would just have to respect that.

Just then, Jason walked into the room with the rest of the siblings, all in various states of consciousness. Jason saw Damian and smirked, noticing the sour look on his brother's face. "You're thinking about me talking to Roy, aren't you?" Damian sneered and Jason chuckled. "Don't worry, we aren't getting back together. I...I met someone."

All eyes snapped to Jason and he shrugged. Damian narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Do we know this person?"

"I met them at school, so possibly. Don't worry, nothing has happened...yet."

"Jason, you player! What's their name?" Dick asked, waggling his brow.

"Its-" He cut himself off when Selina and Bruce entered the room. "I'll tell you later." He whispered, sitting down in his chair.

Bruce looked over at Selina. "You want to tell them?"

Selina nodded. "Kids, we have picked a date for our wedding. And, we would like to discuss with all of you, your part in it."

Selina launched into the details of the wedding, the family feeling a bubbling of excitement filling them up inside.

For once, everything was alright in their world.