Chapter 41

[Third POV]

"Well someone's starting to get the hang of waking up early" Nygma pointed out as he spotted his daughter walking in the kitchen.

She had promised herself to be a good student this year.

Especially because this is her last year in the Academy before going to college.

"Yeah. It's kind of tiring, though" she sleepily replied while taking a seat.

"Here" He informed her that food was in front of her, ready to be eaten.

"Thanks" she yawned.

He sat in front of her.

"I didn't ask, but how was first day of being a Senior?"

"Alright? I guess" she replied.

"Yeah school wasn't my thing either" he chuckled.

"Ben and Marcus are weird" (Y/N) suddenly blurted out.

This caused him to raise an eyebrow,

"Weird how?"

"They ask me many things about myself. As if they want to know me better. What if they're also spies?"

The Riddler was silenced.

What if they were?

"No they can't. They've been telling me who has been spies, and they helped me clear them out. Even my most strongest men have died"

"But how did they know they were spies?" She countered.

"Marcus caught them talking to Black Mask. Ben caught them going to where he was"

"Oh" she whispered.

She didn't like bugging him with the same question, but she just has to get some answers.

"Dad, why is Black Mask spying on you?"

He frowned,

"Don't worry about it"

After that, he left to his office.

She sighed as she lost her appetite.

Great way to start the morning.

============================

Taking a step inside school, and (Y/N) was already tired.

Already wanted to go home.

Before she walked to her first class, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

"Precious" someone whispered in her ear.

Startled she quickly shook whoever was behind her off of her.

Thinking it was Levy, she was about to full on rage on him. However, it wasn't.

"Damian, what the fuck? Don't say that ever again!"

On the contrary, he was laughing.

"I'm so sorry. I just wanted to prank you"

The smile on his face stayed for the longest.

"You used Levy's nickname for me, and you even sounded like him! Jesus lord. I almost thought I had to knock the shit out of him" she sighed.

Arms wrapped around her one more time, but this time, she knew who it was.

"Beloved, amor, I'm sorry" he planted a kiss on her jaw.

As her head buried on his chest she muttered,

"You know, you and your family seem to have the habit of pranking people. Especially Jason"