Movie Night

-Is it a bad thing that I enjoy saying M'gann like a neckbeard saying "M'lady"?-

"Maybe tomorrow."

"But I can meet him tomorrow?" Dick asked.

Conner shrugged, like it wasn't his choice to make. "Maybe."

"Dick, stop bothering him." Tim reminded. "Wolf is his dog, remember?" Dick reluctantly nodded. "Okay, are you excited for movie night?"

"Yeah!" Dick exclaimed, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

From the living room, they heard shouting:

"We Have To Watch It! Insidious.

 Is. The. Shit!"

"Jason, no."

"Todd, I'm not letting you show that garbage to Richard!"

"What Are You Gonna Do?"

"I can send you to your room and call father."

"DAMIAN, THIS IS WHY DAD DOESN'T FUCKING LOVE YOU! SNITCHING RAT BASTARD!"

Tim realized he had his hands over Dick's ears. He released his brother. "Hey, Dickie, how about we make the popcorn." Dick excitedly nodded, and soon, they'd turned on the air popper: "Dick, I have a really important job for you, I need you to let me know as soon as the popcorn is done, kay?"

"Kay!" Dick stood on his kitchen chair, taking his job very seriously.

Tim asked if Conner wanted something, since he was still at the kitchen counter. Conner shook his head, so Tim headed for the living room. "GUYS? GUYS!"

"What?" Barbra turned to him, Jason was getting under her skin. 

"Dick is just in the next room, he can hear you guys fighting... and swearing." He looked pointedly at Jason. 

The three fighting siblings went quiet, they didn't like Dick knowing how deeply troubled their family was. Cass looked up from the Manga that Terry sent from Japan, and smiled a little. She didn't like them arguing either.

"TIMMY! THE POPCORN IS DONE!" Dick shouted from the next room. 

"Coming! Don't Unplug It By Yourself!" Tim hurried out, turning back to his older siblings. "Just put on a kids movie or something."

"I'm not a baby, Tim, I can unplug it." Dick pouted, arms crossed.

"I don't want you touching the sockets." Tim reasoned, pouring butter over the popcorn.

"I can do it! I wouldn't touch the socket!" 

"Hey, Take this to the living room for me." Tim passed the huge bowl of popcorn to his tiny brother. "Don't spill any. Go give it to Barbra." 

His brother stopped moping. "Okay." He dragged the bowl to his other siblings. "What are we gonna watch?"

"well," Jason scoffed. "We were going to watch Insidious..." Dick got a chill, Jason made the word sound scary. "But Damian's right. you're not old enough, it will scare you."

The other three siblings in the room shot Jason a 'why do you always have to provoke himlook.

"It won't scare me! I can watch Jason's movie!"

"No... I think it's going to scare lil' Dickie." Jason bent over, pinching Dick's cheeks to upset him. "I think it's gonna give Baby bird nightmares and make him wet the bed."

"No! It's not gonna scare me!" Dick protested, trying to shove Jason off of him. "I wanna watch Jason's movie! It's not gonna give me nightmares, I promise! I won't be scared."

"Dickie, no." Barbra sighed. "I can't let you watch that."

"But I wanna!" Dick stomped his foot, blushing red, and preparing to force tears.

"Richard, if you cry, you're going to bed right away."

Dick stopped, throwing himself down to sit on the carpet and sulk. Jason wasn't done messing with his little brother. "Don't cry, Babybird. Be a big boy for our guests."

Tim re-entered just in time to help tear his kid brothers off each other. "HEY! Separate! Dick, corner! Jason, other corner."

"Fuck you, I'm fourteen!"

"And you're acting four, go to the corner." Damian ordered. Jason flipped them off and left. Dick angrily stayed in time-out.

"Sorry about all that." Tim apologized. "As you can see, they do that a lot."

"That's fine." M'gann assured, uncomfortably. "I have a lot of siblings back on mars, but, may I ask, What do you mean babybird?"

"Oh, It would take forever to explain" Barbra explained. "it's just an old nickname. Like, we sometimes call Jason Little Wing, and Dem-Damian used to call Tim 'replacement' when they were little."

"Damian literally still calls me replacement."

"But, wouldn't... you (redhead), be his replacement? You're next oldest." Artemis looked up from her phone for a moment.

"First, my name's Barbra." Barbra stated. "He called him that because Tim was adopted a few months before me. I'm older, but I used to just be a family friend..."

"Oh." Wally answered. "Wait, you guys are all adopted?"

"...yes." Tim answered. "Yes we are."

"I am Bruce Wayne's biological son." Damian snarled. "The others were adopted."

"Why?" Artemis sneered, before her teammates could shut her up. 

"Because we're orphans." Dick said quietly.

The team gave Artemis major 'WHAT THE FUCK, WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT?'  Looks.

"Hey, quit sulking." Tim walked over to the corner his little brother was in. "Babs, you can pick an appropriate movie for Dick."

Barbra looked through some DVDs looking for something Dick liked that wouldn't bore the teenagers to death. "Inside Out?" She glanced around the circle, getting shrugs and nods of approval. "Inside Out it is."

Dick grabbed a fistful of Tim's shirt, looking up at his big brother timidly. "Can I come out of time-out now?"

"Okay, Dickie. It was Jason's fault anyways." He tussled Dick's hair. "How about you go ask Cassie if she wants to watch the movie?"

"Okay!" Dick ran from the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaldur looked at the clock, counting down the clock numbers to find the time. Eleven-forty. It wasn't very late, but most of his team was collapsed on their sofa. they must have needed a rest. Artemis was starfished, Conner lay flat on his back, M'gann and Wally were curled up on their sides, but they were all fast asleep. They weren't the only ones, all but one of the Waynes were asleep too.

Tim was curled up on the carpet, Jason was draped over the armrest, and Barbra had the remaining two kids curled up against her, holding them safely. Cassie was peacefully tucked under the redhead's right arm, and Dick was nuzzled under her left, snoring softly.

Damian looked up at the team leader. "I'm taking them upstairs." He said, quietly.

"Do you want help?" Kaldur asked.

Damian shrugged. "If you can find their bedrooms." He, himself, took Dick and Cassandra, he didn't trust anyone else with his baby siblings. He cradled each child, carrying them to their rooms. Kaldur had gently woke up Barbra and Tim, and their were now struggling upstairs. "Your team can stay in the drawing room if it's more convenient." Damian said, reluctantly picking Jason up.

"Thank you, I wouldn't feel right waking them up."

They two eldest nodded at each other with appreciation, and separated.