Misplaced

A month later

The day Supergirl finally took the skies started like every other day.

It was Saturday. Conner was already on the Cave, her dad was chasing a story with Lois somewhere, and she had just arrived at the Fortress of Solitude to train, like she was doing for the past months. It was weird training by herself, without Superman there to help her, but she knew he couldn't be there all the time. Also, her dad had agreed to let her help in Metropolis, as long as she knew what she was doing. So, she sought the help from the Fortress' AI, so she could learn everything she could about herself and her powers, even when he wasn't around.

Her training with the Fortress' simulator was doing very well so far, and then the lights went off for two seconds before coming back. She frowned deeply, kicking the false-enemy that was still coming at her in the simulation.

"Stop simulation." She said loudly. "Kelex, what was that?"

"Searching," said the AI voice.

After a whole minute, the AI answered. "It appears Earth has suffered from a magic spell, Lady Kara."

"What kind of spell, Kelex?" Madine asked.

"I'm not sure. It's not clear, and it is ancient. My database has no reference for it."

Madine sighed.

"Well, I guess I'll have to get out and find out myself."

"Isn't it dangerous, Lady Kara? Your father would prefer for you to stay out of danger zones."

"I know, Kelex." She said while she went to the zeta-tube. "But I'm a superhero-in-training now. I need to see, and maybe help in what I can. Take care of the Fortress."

"As you wish, lady El."

"See you later."

And then she beamed herself back to Metropolis.

~.~

Metropolis was in complete chaos. There were children and teenagers everywhere, wandering the streets. Some were crying, some were confused, and the few that had older brothers clung to them like lifelines.

She had an idea of what happened, but she needed to be sure.

First, she called her father. It said 'number doesn't exist, try again.' She sighed and dialed Conner, knowing he would probably have a better idea of it.

It rang. Three, four times, before he finally answered.

"Madine?"

"Hey, thank God it's you."

"I can say the same. Where are you? You okay?"

"I just got back to Metropolis. I'm fine, I was in the Fortress. Where are you?"

"The cave. We're trying to figure out what happened, exactly. Zatanna says magic, but doesn't know yet which kind."

"That's what Kelex said to me."

"Who's Kelex?"

"The Fortress' AI." She answered, feeling a little bad because their dad hadn't introduced the Fortress to Conner yet. "So, no adults there either?"

"None."

She sighed. "Can I help you guys in anything?"

Conner was silent for a few seconds.

"I don't think so. Keep in touch. I know dad let you be Supergirl in Metropolis, but the Team and the League don't know about you yet, so..."

Daughter of SupermanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara