Chapter 4

Jason looked down at the girl who refused to let go of his hand. She was looking around constantly, her ears swiveling from side to side constantly. She seemed to be scared about something, searching for a threat that wasn't there. He patted down her hair, trying to calm her down. Her hair was super windswept from the ride over, and in need of a good wash, he realized. He would need to get her into a shower soon, she would probably enjoy getting fully clean. The ride over seemed to have fun the entire time. He had felt her shake with laughter when he sped up or took corners sharply. It seemed she was a tiny adrenaline junkie.

He heard her stomach growl again and he frowned. They had been just standing outside the door for a good two minutes. Jason was fighting the urge to simply turn around and walk away. Shi's growling stomach reminded him that he couldn't simply flee this time. With a resigned sigh and a whispered, "Fuck it." He opened the door and walk in, pulling Shi along with him.

Alfred met them in a foyer, "Good evening Master Jason, Miss Shi. Come with me, I have made a selection of choices that may appeal to young Shi's appetite."

Jason gave a shrug as he smirked, "You heard the man." He took his hand out of her back before giving her a slight nudge forward. She stumbled forward, not expecting him to push her, and caught herself on Alfred's leg. Once she realized what she was holding onto she let go immediately and took a few quick steps back, looking straight down at the ground. She tensed slightly anticipating the worse, touching wasn't allowed back at the lab. She was fine with touching Jason as he reminded her of Yasha. The man Jason had brought to his house had initiated the touching so that had been fine. This man however would probably be mad at her for touching him without his permission, even if it had been an accident.

Alfred looked down at the small child who absolutely refused to look at him, she was looking like she was bracing herself for something, "All is well young miss, no harm done. It is entirely Master Jason's fault I assure you."

Shi looked up at him, eyes slightly wide before dashing towards Jason and hid behind his legs. She peaked out behind him and watched the old man with scrunched eyes. She grabbed onto Jason's pant leg with both hands and fully refused to let go. She might have even used her claws slightly to grip the fabric a bit better.

Jason chuckled as she started walking towards the kitchen. Shi directly behind him, "Good to see you too A." he was actually really looking forward to seeing what Alfred had cooked. Alfred's cooking was simply the best.

Shi was practically walking on Jason's heels as she glared at his legs. She was mad at him for pushing her, but she also felt the safest with him. The nice doctor had always told her that she had a great sense of character and that if she trusted someone she should stick close to them. She trusted Jason, but this was a new place and new people. She had seen more today than she had ever in the past and it was starting to overwhelm her. This house was huge, she liked Jason's place better than here. Jason's place was small and cozy, if not a bit messy. Shi glanced pack at the man following them calmly. She wasn't sure what to think of him. He seemed calm mannered and he hadn't seemed to mind her touching him. Unless he was just pretending while Jason was around. He seemed nice enough but her senses screamed that he was dangerous, she just didn't know if it was to her or not.

There were also so many new smells in this place. She could smell the scents of ten different people lingering around the most, and those were just people. Some of the scents were faint though, like Jason's scent. She could tell that he had spent a lot of time here, just not in a long time. She could smell Dick's scent from all over the house, but his current location was in the direction they were walking in. Well, she was pretty sure his name was Dick. Now that she thought about it Jason had called him a lot of different things. Some of them hadn't been very nice so she was pretty sure those weren't his name. He also didn't look like a Goldie, that was more of a girl's name she thought. She also caught the scents of three different animals, only two of them were inside, however. The scent that caught her attention the most though was the food they were walking towards. She had never smelled food that smelled so heavenly before. The food at the lab had been very bland. It had basically only served the purpose of giving her the appropriate number of calories. The taste wasn't a factor, even with her advanced taste buds.