Chapter 16

Okay, while I am sure that in most canon stories all of the Batclan probably knows who Slade Wilson is. However, to make this story a bit more exciting nobody, besides Bruce, knows Slade by his real name. They only know him as Deathstroke. After Dick realized that Bruce never found out about his forced apprenticeship he sealed all information about Slade for Titan's eyes only. The Titans take the responsibility of keeping the info away from prying eyes very seriously. They secretly like having a bit of information that Batman doesn't know.

Also, sorry for the long wait on this chapter. I am having the worst case of writer's block I've ever had. I'm able to write a few sentences before my brain just decides it doesn't know how to write anymore. It's like my brain just blue-screens, it's been beyond frustrating. I've been jumping between a few of my stories which has been helping a bit, but the writer's block is still sticking with me so please hang in there with me while I try to defeat this stupid writer's block.

For how well the day had been going Dick was kind of upset with how crappy it had turned into. He had plenty of Shion cuddles, had heard her make a noise, and had successfully introduced her to Bab's (who had thankfully been in a good mood). He had taken Damian and Jon out on the town and had got to watch them totally not flirt (cue eye roll). Romance is for commoners with too much time on their hands Grayson, Damian had told him at one time.

Then everything had gone downhill the moment he saw that damned familiar sword move from Shi. Dick felt himself spiraling and he was doing his best to fight it. Jason was following only a few feet behind and he couldn't let his brother see him break down. He was the stable one, he needed to be. Jason had anger issues, has understandable trauma from dying, and tip-toes the line of hero and vigilante. Tim has major abandonment issues, insomnia, and throws himself into his work until he collapsed. Damian is, well, Damian. Barbara is still recovering from being shot by the Joker and there were times she could go from nice and friendly to downright cruel on a drop of a hat. Cassie is pretty stable, she's gotten past most of her childhood trauma, but she spends half of her time in Tokyo. Steph seems to be always fighting to prove that she's good enough and is still slightly bitter from her break-up with Tim. So, no... he could not allow himself to spiral in front of his brother. He needed to be the ONE that has his shit together.

He knew that the secret he's been hiding for years, nearly ten years!, was about to come to light. When Slade had forced him to become his apprentice all of those years ago he would have loved for Bruce to have found out and come to save him. That never happened. The Titans and himself had gotten him out of that situation. He had decided after that, that he wouldn't tell any of the Batfamily about those horrible months. Leave the past in the past. He would have to explain everything to everyone now and he really didn't want to do that. Honestly, that was the last thing he wanted to do. He knew they wouldn't let things lay though, not anymore. They had gotten just enough information that they wouldn't let go until they squeezed every last drop of those horrible months out of him. Because heaven forbid anyone in this family is allowed to keep any secrets to themselves. Jason's voice pulled him out of his head. Paused his spiraling, but not quite stopping it.

"Where we going Wing?" Jason waited for his brother to answer, to his surprise all he got in response was silence. Slight concern built in his stomach, since when does Dick not take an opportunity to talk? A frown tugged at his lips and he was glad he had his helmet on so nobody could see.

"Are we looking for this Slade person?" He tried again.

A sigh escaped Dick as he jumped over the gap between rooftops, "Not him personally. Pretty sure he's not in the country right now." He'd have to message Oliver later. He was the only hero that wasn't in the Titans that knew about Slade. Apparently, they had a past. It was mutual respect between the two of them that they didn't ask each other about their dirt with the man. Either one will always be ready to help the other if they ask when that man is involved. Honestly, at this point, Green Arrow is like a secret honorary member of the Titans.