32

Penny had been a superhero for a while now, and she'd even joined the Young Justice a year ago. Her life as a hero was going great. People across the country (and even the world) had quickly become fans of Spider Woman. Spider Woman was always kind, and helped the little guy. Not only had her super hero life been going great, but so was her life as Penny Parker-Wayne. She'd graduated high school as the valedictorian, gotten into an ivy league school, and was living her dreams. Plus her relationship with MJ seemed to be growing stronger by the day. They had moved into an apartment together, and were happy. 

MJ was super supportive of his super hero girlfriend (yes he knows about her alter-ego), and was extremely happy that she was thriving and bonding with the other heroes she works with. 

She had made great friends, and thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the other young heroes. The training session they had at the mountain (the young justice base) weren't the most challenging for Penny (especially because of her powers) so when she found out that today they'd be training with the Justice League, she was excited. 

Penny had arrived at the mountain in her costume and made her way to the kitchen. There she found the members of the Young Justice relaxing before they would spar with the Justice League members. 

They talked and had some fun, but as soon as they heard the boom tubes, they all ran to meet them. They're all excited. Of course no one really expects to beat any of them, but this is going to be a great way to see where they can improve their skills. At least this was Penny's thought process. Everyone else was different. Everyone else thinks that there will definitely be some members of the League that they can beat, which is their main objective (because they want to prove to the Justice League that they're not kids).

As soon as the select few members of the Justice League (Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, and Hawk Man) entered the cave they were able to see the mental divide. They could see that everyone was basically excited to prove that they could beat some of them, but when they looked at Spider Woman (Penny) they didn't see that. 

It was unexpected, but promising.

The Young Justice members were assigned a league member to spar with, and it went on from there. Penny ended up being assigned to fight Wonder Woman. She was excited. Wonder Woman is an exceptional fighter, and Penny can't wait to learn from her. 

The rounds of sparing started with Green Arrow, then Black Canary, the Shazam, then Martian Manhunter, then Hawk Man, then Batman, and finally Wonder Woman. Of course Penny ended up being the last one to be in line to fight her, which meant that everyone would be watching. They all wanted to see how well she'd fare against her. Aqualad and Nightwing who both fought Wonder Woman, lost and wanted to see if Penny could do any better. Of course they think that she'll do better than them because Penny's an amazing fighter.

For sparing all powers and weapons were allowed. 

Wonder Woman is fighting with her lasso, and all her powers (including flight), and Penny is fighting with her powers and webs. 

The fight started out with the two just fighting hand to hand, but when Wonder Woman was able to pick up how easily Penny was faring she decided to step it up a notch. Penny then stepped it up too. She started using her strength to land harder hits, and her webs to help avoid Wonder Woman when needed.  Wonder Woman was impressed, this girl is great, and she can tell that Spider Woman is not just trying to beat her, but learn from her. 

This fight lasted the longest.

Everyone watching was very invested, and it ended surprisingly.

Wonder Woman had been able to trap Spider Woman in her lasso, and Spider Woman was able to trap Wonder Woman in her webs. It was a draw. 

When they finished Penny took a small breather and let out a quick laugh. She was happy, she learned, she had fun, and she did so much better than she thought she would. She couldn't wait to tell MJ about this (yes he knows about her powers and secret identity). Wonder Woman also let out a laugh. This girl was a formidable opponent, and was very pleasant to fight. Penny untangled herself from the lasso, and made her way over to Wonder Woman. Of course her clumsy self did fall while untangling herself, but she was able to quickly brush it off. Once over to Wonder Woman, she ripped the webs open and released her from them. 

The two women decided to talk about the fight and left the rest of the two leagues behind. 

The two leagues watched in awe, that was surprising, but honestly they expected no less from two amazing fighters who really just wanted to teach and learn.

...

That night when Penny arrived back at her and MJ's apartment something was different. 

Penny could hear that MJ was inside, but all the lights were off and he didn't seem to be asleep. So Penny didn't know what to expect when she opened the door. When she did open the door she say that there was a trail of flower petals leading to their room. 

Confused but intrigued Penny put her bag down and followed the trail back to their room. When she opened the door, she wanted to cry. There MJ was, holding a great big bouquet of her favorite flowers, surrounded by candles, and down on one knee.

Penny knew that MJ was going to be the one she would marry, and MJ knew that too. They're made for each other, but Penny was honestly surprised. They hadn't talked about taking the next step in their relationship, but somehow it just seemed like the right time for the two to get engaged.

"Penny Parker-Wayne, you make me the happiest man in the whole world. I have loved you since the first day I met you, and I my love for you has grown more everyday I have spent with you. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Tears streamed down her face.

Penny tackled MJ in a hug and answered, "YES!"