Chapter Thirty-Three: War World

War World

Finding himself imprisoned in what he believed to be some sort of crummy prison or a chamber for gladiators was the last thing (Y/n) expected. All sorts of species and were locked up with him, chained by their wrists to the wall or the pillar directly above them. The atmosphere reeked of sewerage, blood and dead carcasses from another room. 

Just when (Y/n) was about to make an attempt in breaking free of his restraints, two robots hovering above the ground appeared in sight and approached him. The two robots unchained him from the wall and hauled him off quick smart to a room filled with armour and weapons of all sorts, some of which were stained with blood. 

(Y/n) looked over his shoulder and watched the robots leave for him to get ready for the fight he was forced to compete in. (Y/n) found himself a suitable weapon of choice before approaching two large wooden gates where he could hear a crowd in uproar of what was to come. The doors opened up and (Y/n) was taken into an open area to face a hungry crowd itching to see some action. 

To his left, a strange specimen kept its gaze on what was ahead of it and what it hoped to come back to after that current tournament. The ruler of the ceremonious tournament sat in a chair with a cover above his head to protect him from the sun. But being bald with a strange plate on his head, it seemed quite obscure. He addressed his loyal subjects and got them aroused. 

"... now, we have a special visitor! From EARTH! If he is worthy to fight the mighty Draaga, he must prove himself worthy! 

The crowd all mumbled at once, making it uneasy to tell what exactly what they were saying, but (Y/n) could tell it was all just disapproval. 

"Are you ready, Earthling?" 

"What is this crap? I'm not gonna fight for your benefits. This is inhumane!" (Y/n) responded defiantly. 

The weapon he'd chosen he tossed aside to prove that he was willing to put his foot down. 

"A bold move... But let's see how long his idealism lasts on... WAR WORLD!!" 

A machine fired a non-lethal laser at he and his opponent, teleporting them to the moon of War World that was now a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Finding himself separated from his opponent, (Y/n) was incapable of putting his finger on where he could potentially be and how far away from Earth he was. But all he knew was that in order to survive, he had to do what was asked of him. 

Using his connection to the soil, (Y/n) was able to use a seismic echo in order to pinpoint where his opponent was, creating a mental image in his head on where his enemy would strike. (Y/n) raised his foot up and then slammed it on the ground, a pillar shot up out of the ground to hit his opponent from underneath. 

The momentum of the rock pillar hitting his opponent sent them skyrocketing until gravity took control and pulled them back down to the ground. (Y/n) rotated his head to the side and listened intently when a body suddenly hit the ground. (Y/n) began to approach them until the sounds of humming and probing noises caught (Y/n)'s attention. A holographic projection of the ruler of the entire city connected (Y/n) to determine his opponent's fate. 

"Victory is yours, human. Finish the deed! Earn your title and your place in this gladiatorial symphony." The man raised his voice triumphantly above the murmurs of the audience. 

"Well... if you demand it, your illustrious Mongul." (Y/n) mumbled. He looked down at his opponent and decided to give them an honourable death for fighting for glory. 

The alien death rattled as its suffering was ended. A laser hit (Y/n) at his exact location, teleporting him back to the city. (Y/n) was met by an uproar from the crowd who happily approved of his first battle and gave a smile (Y/n)'s way. Two robots approached (Y/n) and escorted him downstairs into the prisons where he'd be kept, waiting for his next fight.