Chapter Four: Wayne's World

Waking up to company was the last thing to expect for either of them. Yet when Diana awoke, her arm reached across the bed and found nothing there. (Y/n) was absent from the room which brought little worry to commence a panic when she found her sword and shield leaning against the wall beside the bathroom.

Throwing the quilt off her body, Diana got up and changed into decent clothes before making her way into (Y/n)'s room to check up on him. In the adjoining room, the princess entered (Y/n)'s room where she found him in a brown suit struggling to tie his tie. Without a word spoken, Diana walked over to (Y/n) and faced him so that she could fix his tie for him.

"Thanks," said (Y/n) coyly. "How did you sleep last night?"

"Very well, considerably. It's just a... n-never mind. You plan on going somewhere this morning?" Diana replied in a honeyed tone when she kissed his cheek. "Happy Birthday."

"Hey. You remembered. Would you like to accompany me down for breakfast?"

"I'd love to. I'll not be five minutes."

Returning to her room to dress decently, five minutes had passed until Diana accompanied (Y/n) downstairs to the dining room. Few guests occupied separate tables all across the room which didn't seem hard to find a spot to occupy before they took their orders and awaited their meals.

"So, what do you have planned for today?" (Y/n) asked politely.

Diana hummed and nodded. "I hear there is an art gallery that just accustomed a famous painting by Van Gogh from eighteen eighty-eight."

"That's... interesting."

"You do not seem keen--"

"Oh, no. I'll go. So long as I'm with you, y'know. Keep you safe from scumbags roaming the streets and--"

"I can handle myself, remember?"

"I know, I know. I just like to think that I'm the butch fella here even though I'm nothing compared to a beautiful demi-Goddess."

Diana giggled and continued to eat until the two were done with breakfast. Once they were on their way to the museum, the black-haired woman instantly took interest and began to express her feelings about the art while (Y/n) simply stood by and half-listened to whatever she was saying. When it came to a particular artwork that had caught her eye, the two weren't the only ones that found an interest in it. A person in a black suit appeared, reading the description of the artwork that wasn't on a sign.

"Bruce Wayne?" (Y/n) muttered to himself.

"Bruce Wayne. CEO of Wayne Enterprises," said the stranger as he took Diana's hand and kissed her knuckles before turning to face the (h/c) man before him. "You... Do I know you from somewhere?"

(Y/n) bit down on his bottom lip as he was aware of being given no other choice but to expose his identity to his brother. Noticing the hesitation, Diana nudged her companion, encouraging him to speak out.

"H-Hey, brother..." (Y/n) said timidly.

"What...? N-No, it can't be... (Y/n)? I-I thought you were dead...?"

"Well, clearly I'm not. Actually, pinch me. I must still be dreaming."

There was hesitation and discomfort when (Y/n) motioned to hug his last-living relative. Diana was most pleased by the smile on her face as she watched the two brothers be filled with joy.

"... holding a party at the manor. Now, I would be grateful if you both came." Bruce offered openly.

Wrapping her arm around (Y/n)'s, Diana pulled herself against him and smiled brightly.