Chapter Twelve: Hell Hath No Fury

Fourteen months later...
Gotham

"Can you believe it? Ten years since we've known each other," said (Y/n) in amazement. "I honestly cannot believe you've been able to put up with me for so damn long."

Diana giggled. "Don't get me started."

"Oh, come on. I was only joking. Now look at us. Raising a family. I don't mean to gloat, but..."

"You called it. Yes. You've made it abundantly clear since I acknowledged my pregnancy six weeks after we stopped the Joker."

(Y/n) chuckled heartily as he offered to take ahold of the infant held firmly against her bare bosom. The black-haired woman nodded friskily and handed her child over to the (h/c) man that loved her truly and bounced the baby in his arms while Diana concealed her breast from him with her bra and her shirt before heading into the kitchen to prepare lunch. Diana could hear her husband cooing childishly to his infant daughter and uncontrollably smiled at the sight as she packed lunch for their trip to Themyscira.

"Ready?" Diana called out.

"Ready when you are, hon." (Y/n) responded.

Diana left (Y/n) to lock up their apartment before taking their belongings with them to the carpark where (Y/n) drove to Wayne Manor to take the jet to Themyscira. By the time the jet was in motion, it wasn't very long until the jet arrived at its destination.

Themyscira, Greece

The locals that recognised the humming of the engines all clamoured around the jet as it landed just outside the city itself where the arrivals were surrounded by the women and children that sought to greet and praise the heroes. Amongst the women of Themyscira was a blonde-haired woman who was given a path to meet the surprise visitors.

"Diana," called the blonde woman donning her crown in the company of her people when she noticed an infant in the arms of the male. "Welcome home, my child. And it seems I needn't call you child any longer. You've a daughter of your own now?"

The black-haired woman smile brightly and hugged her mother before an exchange of cheek kisses was handed out.

"Hello, mother. It's so good to see you." Diana replied affectionately to her mother.

"(Y/n)."

(Y/n) bowed. "Your majesty."

"Pray tell, who is this little bundle of joy?" Hippolyta asked as she wandered over to her son-in-law to take in her arms the infant.

"Meet Lyta 'Fury' Prince-Wayne," said Diana.

"Lyta?"

"Fitting, yes?"

Hippolyta opened her mouth to respond, but the deep, gravelly, masculine voice beat her to it by exchanging his thoughts on the name of the child.

"Most fitting, Diana," said another male stranger.

Gasps came from the crowd as another path was formed to allow a seven-foot man in black armour to join the group in the centre. Shock came over Diana as the man she fought many decades ago stood before her.

"Ares..." Diana muttered on an exhale.

The God of War raised his arms up to his head where his hands removed his helmet to expose his face as the Queen's guards took no immediate action to provoke the War God.

Diana shook her head in disbelief, stammering. "H-How...? I, I killed you."

Ares scoffed. "Child, you merely banished me to the Pit of Lost Souls - the exact place where I was going to put you had you not put up such a fight. But I feel I should thank you. For when Hades was released, I too, came to find myself free from my brother's pathetic realm he calls his domain. I come now to challenge you to battle. To the death... Oh, but don't worry. I promise to take very good care of your mother, and this fool of a husband of yours. She will die; slowly, painfully before I mount her skull on my throne. As for him, I will not waste my time on him. Quick and painless, just like your dear Steve Trevor."