01

CLOUDS OF SMOKE FLOOD RYAN'S vision and fill her lungs as soon as she enters the room

              CLOUDS OF SMOKE FLOOD RYAN'S vision and fill her lungs as soon as she enters the room. She let out a scoff, annoyed with Jason's choice of entrance.

Her annoyance soon left her body when she noticed two guards charging towards her. Ryan held out her hands, stopping both of them in their tracks. She sent them a sweet smile in reaction to their shocked expressions.

Each one of her hands took a hold of their collars and effortlessly lifted them off the ground. With a loud thud she threw the two against one another, leaving them to both fall to the floor unconscious.

It wasn't long till bullets start to fill the air, leaving Ryan's ears ringing with ever bang. She soon found the guard who was aimlessly firing, hoping to hit a target. She sneaks up behind the man, grabbing the gun and crushing it in her hands. She dropped the broken metal to the ground before hitting the perpetrator in the face, just hard enough to leave him knocked out.

It took Ryan years to learn how to properly pull her punches and not severely hurt those around her. She was always grateful for that skill.

Soon, the smoke dissipated and her eyes finally fall onto Jason and Dick. A wave of irritation washed over her as the feelings of betrayal crept in.

It was the first time her and Dick had made eye contact since he up and left about a year prior.

She is quickly snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Jason's voice. " Wow, Dick Grayson in the flesh. Nice to meet you, bro. "

Ryan scoffed at how smug he sounded.

Jason offered his hand for Dick to take, but Dick simply stared up blankly at him.

He was clearly confused on what was happening.

" I'm the new Robin. " Jason added, a proud smile on his face.

Ryan's eyes narrowed at his words, his large ego overtaking the whole room. " And i'm still the same me. " Ryan pipes in, mocking the boy.

Jason scoffed at her, his arms crossing over his chest.

" Hi, Dick. " She spoke, her voice deadpan as she slowly looked the man up and down. Dick shifts uncomfortably, feeling the pressure of Ryan's gaze on him.

He pulled himself up off the ground.

" Hey, Ryan. " Dick responded, a softness in his voice, careful to not set off the ticking time bomb that is Ryan.