02

RYAN STUCK TO HERSELF, leaning up against a tree as she watched the police and news reporters roll in

          RYAN STUCK TO HERSELF, leaning up against a tree as she watched the police and news reporters roll in. She always hated the cameras and nosy people that only cared about a story. She was happy that Bruce, and Dick prefered to stay away from the spotlight. It made her life a lot easier.

" Titans are back, bitches! " Jason called out, interrupting one of the reporters. He had made his way directly in front of the camera and, of course, had to cause some sort of a scene. Just a few moments later Hank pushed Jason out of the way of the camera, muttering under his breath. Ryan let out a chuckle before her eyes landed on Gar, and her face quickly fell flat.

" Hey, lone wolf. " Dawn called out, appoarching the younger girl.

" Hey. " Ryan responded, forcing a small smile. " How are you feeling? "

" For just being in a coma? Pretty good actually. " She answered, returning the smile. " I am feeling a little sore, though. "

" Yeah. " Ryan muttered, a look of guilt appearing on her face. " I kind of threw you across the living room while you were trying to attack me. "

" Oh. " Dawn nodded. " Well, I have seen you pick up a tractor. So, I feel like I got off pretty easy. "

" I guess so. " She muttered, her eyes drifting off to Gar once again.

" I'm assuming you might have something to do with the way Gar looks? " Dawn suggested, taking note of Gar's appearance and the blood on Ryan's clothes. Ryan merely nodded her head at her assumption, confirming it. " What happened? "

" I don't know if I really want to talk about it. "

" Come on, Ryan. I know we haven't seen each other in a while but I remember all those deep conversations I had with you. "

" I was, like, thirteen. "

" So? Just, let it out. It's just me and you. "

There was a pause on Ryan's end, silence falling upon them. Several seconds passed before she plucked up the courage to speak.

" I was- " Ryan released a sigh. " I was under trigon's spell and he made me attack Gar. He was able to snap me out of it, but not before I-I hurt him the way that I did. "

" Honey, that wasn't you. Just like it wasn't me, or Donna, or Kory. You can't blame yourself for that. "

" No, it's more than that. " Ryan confessed, tears starting to sting her eyes. " The amount of power that I hold... It- it doesn't make me feel stronger, it makes me feel... it makes me feel so tired. "

Dawn silently listened to her old friend speak, her heart sinking as she heard the cracks in her voice.

" I mean, if I lose control for even one moment- a single second, people end up getting hurt. Or even killed. So, I-I try so hard to focus and be conscious about the way I hold myself or how I move around people but... It's all so useless. Everything I do ends up being useless."