Chapter 6: Damien blushing??!!

Mari pov

I got back from the post office about half an hour later. I go to post offices often to post commissions, so I'm fairly familiar with how it works. I caught some pretty funny stares cause of my car, but I didn't mind. If it were someone else I'd be staring too.

When I got back I saw Damien walking Titus around the gardens. There was a small smile on his face, and in the faint sunlight and gentle breeze he looked very handsome, I could feel my cheeks getting warm. I cleared my mind and focused on parking the car right.

I got out and locked it, and something pounced on me. I could hear myself laughing.

"It's nice to see you too Titus" I said and petted his head. I saw a stick stuck in the tree above me, and realised he was playing fetch.

"tt, sorry about that" Damien said walking up to her.

"No problem" She held a branch and pulled herself up and sat on the branch. Then she took the stick and threw it, a happy Titus barking and running after the stick.

'She's quite strong for such a petite girl' Damien thought.

"Where did you go?"

"Just to the Post Office"

He hummed in thought, and decided not to ask, she probably wasn't going to say.

She stood, jumped and flipped down with a grace that would shatter any ballerina's heart.

"Father is taking us out for dinner with Selina in half an hour time, it's in the richer side of Gotham, so dress formal." and with that he went inside.

She thought about it for a second, before nodding and going in next to Damien.

Damien was still thinking, it wasn't a letter, because she could have easily called or emailed her family and friends. Which brought him to his second thought, does she have any friends? She looks like the social type of person, but if she did, she probably wouldn't have moved so far away from her home on her own.

"So where did you two go" asked Jason wiggling his eyebrows, coming in out of nowhere.

"tt, I don't have to answer to you Todd," he said clearly annoyed, and took Titus inside

She chuckled, "just to the post office, Damien was walking Titus around the grounds." He looked confused,

"but Alfred and the limo were right here, did you walk?"

She simply motioned to her car, and took the chance to escape Jason's teasing glare, though he caught a glimpse of his shocked face, and stifled a laugh.

Timeskip

3rd person pov

Almost everyone was downstairs in formal clothes. The boys black and white suits. Now they were just waiting for Selina, Marinette, Damien and Tim. 2 minutes later Marinette came down wearing a gorgeous pale blue off shoulder, knee length dress with intricate patterned leaves with a pale blue purse to keep Tikki

hair still black/blue

with only some lip gloss and light mascara, she opted to look natural. Regardless, she looked beautiful. Damien came down after her, wearing a black and white suit like the rest of the boys. He nodded at them, but when he saw marinette, his cheeks pinked ever so slightly.

"ohhhh is lil demon spawn blushing???" he whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone burst out laughing, then Damien pulled a katana out of one of his hiding spots and chased him with precision.

"He never said no," laughed a voice from behind them. In all the commotion, that didn't even notice Selina come in! She was wearing a silver long gown with her hair in a plaited bun.

"Oh kitten look at you, you look gorgeous!" Selina squealed.

Marinette blushed pink and replied, "Thank you, I don't dress this formally very much."

Tim finally came down in his suit, grumbling about the uselessness of ties, and trying and failing to do his own.

"Come here Tim" marinette said kindly and did it for him. Nobody noticing a jealous Damien, who would never admit it of course.

"My dad never understood the need for ties either," she said chuckling.

After 5 minutes of trying to get the situation under the control (you're lucky this suit is expensive Todd else I wouldn't be afraid to get my hands bloody), the all got into the limo. The were going one of the finer restaurants, hence the need to dress so formally.

They got out at a very expensive looking restaurant. It had high ceilings and sophisticated looking circular tables and fancy menus.

They sat in this order: Selina, Bruce, Alfred, Marinette, Damien, Tim, Dick, Jason.(It was a circular table)

About 5 minutes later they all ordered their food. The menu just reflected how exquisite the restaurant really was, but thanks to Chloe and her mom and dad, she had some experience with these kind of things.

"So, Marinette I hope our family hasn't driven you mad yet?"

"Of course not Bruce, they're just lovely" she said with a teasing glance around the table, and Bruce chuckled.

The rest of the night went like that, halfway Marinette and Damien found some topic to squabble over and they were now bickering like two 5 year olds while most of the rest of the table slowly lost their shit. None of them noticed Selina and Jason having a top secret conversation about 2 people you don't need to know about.

Finally dinner was about over, and they all packed into the limo and got home.

Home.

The place had become home to Marinette. And the people inside her second family. She internally beamed. In just 2 days life had done a complete 180.

She only realised how exhausted she was when she hit her bed and fell asleep, she didn't want these days to ever end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1049 words

Aaaannnnddd that's a wrap ppl! One more chapter done! I hope you all liked it, and please vote, comment and share with your friends!

Just to make it clear in case anybody got confused:

Chapter 2= Saturday morning/afternoon, cause of French schooling they have a half day on Saturday

Chapter 3= Sunday morning/afternoon

Chapter 4= Sunday night

Chapter 5= Monday morning

Chapter 6= Monday evening-night