Chapter 9: A Class Project

Back in Gotham, a very annoyed Damien and Marinette were talking to Valerie.

"So where should we do the project Damien?" she asked, "I doubt we could use Maryline's place, it might not be big enough." Marinette was fuming her cheeks red with anger. Damien sighed,

"I suppose my house would fit our needs." He says.

"Great!"

"Yeah, great!" Sarcastic

Damien stifled a laugh, she was adorable when she was angry - wait what?

They all got into the limo, Valerie fawning over the limo and going on and on about her parents and how they were really rich and respectable. Marinette and Damien slowly started questioning their sanity, even Alfred ALFRED sighed. Thank god she shut up for a couple seconds when she saw the Manor.

"Oh sweet silence" Marinette mumbled. Without even thinking about it Damien whispered back,

"You have no idea." At that Marinette looked mildly amused. They walked up to the front door when Jason came out and said,

"Hey you two, how was school?"

"Eventful/Interesting" Marinette and Damien said and motioned to the girl standing beside them, Jason forcefully smiling in understanding.

"She's here for a class project." Damien said.

" well, come on in you three." And that that Valerie broke out of her stupor and started yammering on about her oh so great and rich family. Marinette signed and leant down to Puck up Alfred the cat, who was now purring at her ankles.

"Hello mon chaton " she whispered into the cats ears as he meowed,

"You probably shouldn't touch their cat without permission Melissa." And Marinette rolled her eyes. She was sure she knew her name full well by now, she just refused to say it.

"oh, I forgot to introduce myself " she said in a fake sweet voice.

"I'm Valerie Gates, " she said as if her name was the most important on earth and continued with her speech. Even Alfred got tired and stalked away. Marinette was at breaking point and finally blurted out,

" Oh for the fucking love of God can you shut up for 5 motherfucking minutes it's not hard."

Jason (impressed that such an innocent looking girl could swear so fluently) and Damien both whispered 'Thank You' and Valerie looked scandalised and said,

" well if you wanted me to introduce you than you could have just asked. This charity case is Miranda, she's new." She told Jason. Marinette looked infuriated and simply said in an aggravated voice,

"I give up" and headed towards the main living room, Damien following after.

"Are you coming?" Mariette said coldly. She nodded in momentary defeat and followed them. Sadly a couple minutes later she got her confidence back and said,

" you know you shouldn't act so rude in someone else's house. " she said snippily. "And how do you know your way around here anyways?"

"wait she doesn't know?" Jason asked. Damien shook his head.

"that is none of your business, now do you want to start the project or would you rather talk about your oh so rich parents?" She asked, raising one perfect brow. After that they managed to get the project done. She was getting up to leave when she said,

" It was a pleasure to work with you Damien, Marisol" she simply nodded at her direction. She continued, " aren't you going to be getting home? " she asked. Marinette answered, "I'm right behind you, I have stuff to pack up" and Valerie got into her cab. Damien asked, "how some you didn't tell her?"

"I didn't want the extra attention." she said simply and went in to help Alfred with dinner.

Damien internally sighed, he had half given up on trying to understand her.

That night Marinette couldn't sleep, she supposed she was still not tired, and so she went for a walk in the manor. She put on a black crop top and black baggy trousers.

She didn't really know where she ended up. She found a large door, the light was on, and she could hear voices that she recognised as Jason's and Damien's. She slowly opened the door and peeped inside. I had a high ceiling and bright light, and exercise equipment scattered everywhere.

"Pixie? How come you're up so late?" Jason asked spotting her.

"I couldn't sleep. Sorry if I'm interrupting, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere cause it's dark."

"No problem." she stared at the punching bag in the corner, "who did that?"

"I did" Damien said.

"That's the third one this week" Jason said, and Marinette hummed in thought.

"Do you spar?" Damien asked. She was a bit surprised by the question, but said yes. During her guardian training, had learnt all kinds of martial arts and ancient fighting techniques, so she could fight both in and out of the costume.

"Do you want to have a go then?" she nodded. They both got into a fighting stance. Jason was recording them because something told him this might be worth remembering. Damien started with a series of punches and Marinette dodged each and every one of them effortlessly. He has an aggressive fighting style, Marinette thought, as she then unexpectedly caught one of the punches and twisted his arm and used her right leg to kick him back. Damien managed to get out of her grip and slide his leg under her feet, which she dodged by jumping into a back handspring. Swift and effective was how she fought. But something didn't feel right, he could practically see the adrenaline flowing through her, but she wasn't acting on it, she was trying to control herself and hold back. Suddenly realisation him him,

"you're holding back" he said. Her eyes widened, but then she smiled,

"I'm impressed, but I wouldn't want to kill you." she said.

"Go ahead and try"

"You asked for it," she said and all of a sudden started fighting with a completely new vigour, attacks coming in so fast, he barely had time to counter. Then she suddenly hit certain parts of his body lightly, but the next second when he tried to move them, his body went numb and he fell to the floor.

"How the hell-" he said

"Chi-blocking (avatar anyone)? Its an old technique involving human pressure points, and can momentarily numb body relationships. but don't worry, the effect will wear off soon."

She walked up to him and held out her hand to help him up. Due to the fight, her porcelain whit face was glowing, her eyes bright and her cheeks flushed red. Her hair had also fallen out, flaying around her shoulders and resting on her back. She looked like a pretty China doll.

"like looking at an angel" he thought. Some of the movement had come back into his body, so he took her hand smiling, genuinely smiling.

" Good match" he said, as she smiled.

'God her smile is pretty' what? Pull yourself together Damien

Jason pov

I couldn't believe my motherfucking eyes when I saw those two. Damn that girl could fight. I was on the edge of my seat, trying to keep my phone steady so that I could record properly, Bruce would probably want to see this. I almost fell out of the fucking chai r when Damien said she was holding back, if her holding back could be this powerful, her fighting fully could kill even Damien ah Ghul Wayne no questions asked.

What shocked me most was the end. Shit demon spawn was smiling, hell was taking over was my first thought, but then I internally grinned, Marinette, the only girl to ever out-fight the fighting master, was the only one to own his heart, he had fallen for her, and he had fallen for her bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1316 words.

I hope you enjoyed! I decided to release 2 chapters at once because the last one was kinda short. As always, pls vote comment and share with friend. And thank you al soooooo much for so many reads. It means a lot. Stay safe 💖😘