Chapter 14: Secrets

Secrets.

They mean different things to different kind of people. Secrets are dangerous thing, one slip of the lip, could change your life as you know it.

The dictionary defines secrets as something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others, something that is not properly understood; a mystery. Lila Proietti Wang was something of a mystery. Nobody knows her, the real her, and everyone who did- well they were dead.

Her backstory is long and winding, and occasionally crossing paths with ones we know. A story of hate, anger, betrayal and revenge. She never surrendered to reason, fairness, kindness, these were just weaknesses. Excuses to show you were weak, have no backbone.

For generations her family grew up in the Guardian's temple, they were respected, and father was one of the most powerful guardians there ever was. She wanted going to succeed him to his place, but she was a girl. This was an old-fashioned place, old-fashioned people, who refused to except her as a warrior, but she wasn't hard-working, she never tried to make them believe otherwise. She grew bitter, and cold and rude.

Her life's source was the fat that she was one day going to destroy all of them, make them bow in front of her and make them pay and to see her for a strong and capable warrior. But a warrior doesn't fight for the wrong reasons. She was a skilled fighter, incredibly skilled, but her attitude held her back from unlocking her true potential, she could have been one of the best there ever was, respected and strong and powerful, but she threw it all away when she developed her attitude.

The breaking point was when her father, her father, gave that ridiculous Wang Fu the Bracelet of the Miraculi. The most powerful object in the known world, the one object that he was supposed to give to her, so that she could control all the Miraculi in the temple. And why you may ask?

That's exactly what Lila did.

"One who has a kind and unselfish heart, one who seeks happiness but not in power, he is the true owner of the Bracelet." he answered.

What nonsense! He was weak, afraid to use its true powers, afraid to see what you can do with it, afraid to open the doors and potentially end up the most powerful person in the known world. The day the temple was destroyed, Lila stole the bracelet in all the chaos, the smoke being her disguise, shrouded in the darkness that was one the temple of the Guardians. She felt, thrilled. Her pathetic excuse for a father, the monks, the miracle boxes, all gone. Just ash left in it's place. Fu had gone with the ash and last remaining piece of power was in her hands- the all powerful bracelet. She placed it on her wrist, ad it changed its look to suit her, it was now a thin black bracelet with an orange gem in the centre, perfectly fitting her wrist. While she was wearing this, she was immortal; while she was wearing this she was in control of the people around her; while she was wearing this, she was powerful. 

For 200 years she lived, terrorising people with her power, but time moved on without her. The times were changing. People and their intelligence was advancing. She needed a new plan. She disguised herself as an Italian girl and was adopted by a Signora Rossi, so she became Lila Rossi. She spent some time in Italy, but her 'mum' made her move to France for her job. And that's when she learned, that Fu wasn't as worthless as he seemed. The Miraculous hadn't been destroyed, at least, not all of them. The mother box was still alive, but there were 2 missing, she could potentially make use of this, she thought. Oh Paris, you won't be here for long...