[1]

It was raining again and I traced a raindrop as it slid down the window as I heard my mother's cries for help, my mother was often beaten by my father if she said or acted wrong in his eyes in front of the cameras.

These acts would often include not acting loving enough or looking too loving so it seemed fake or seeming too or not caring towards me as he wanted to look perfect in front of the cameras, it was ironic to see him complain and yell about this stuff whilst we lived comfortably and the only thing making us not perfect was his abuse.

My father's screaming echoed down the halls but we lived in a mansion and no one lived close so no one ever heard and I had adjusted to it, I jump off the edge of the window and heard my father suddenly stop shouting and his footsteps approaching my room.

I was most likely going to get hit now as well for making too much noise but he had enrolled me in self-defence lessons and a few other classes to teach me combat, my father walked into the room and he looked pale and dazed as if he was drunk which was likely but my biggest concern was trying not to be hit.

Before my father could take another step my mother stepped in his way and begged him to hurt her instead of me causing my father to grin and follow through with her wishes, my mother would often take the hit for me and I would stand there and watch as I was unsure of what to do.

And as always I stood there with the stuffed cartoon ghost Bruce had gifted me last I saw him as my mother was being beaten up, I hugged my stuffed toy and walked over to the window and watched the water droplets again as my mother sobbed and cried for help even if she knew it was pointless.

No one was going to save her, no one was going to save us.

In the morning my mother dressed me in an off-white shirt and a dress that was covered in dull flowers, my mother dressed in a similar way whilst my father put on black suit and waited for us downstairs as my mother covered her bruises from last night with makeup.

I stood by my mother as she held back tears whilst applying colour corrector on her face whilst I stood there holding the stuffed toy Bruce had gave me, I hadn't let it out of my sight since Bruce gave it to me and when my mother was done she took my hand and took me downstairs where my father was waiting.

My father complained about my mother taking too long as we stepped into the car to go to Wayne Manor, I knew this most likely meant I was staying at their house again for awhile but Alfred would often help me fill in with my combat lessons as he worked in the British military.

I was often seen as quiet and the polar opposite of Bruce as he was often so energetic and extroverted whilst I was quiet and introverted, yet the Wayne's swooned over the pair of us whenever we interacted from how 'cute' we were.

I stepped out of the car whilst holding my mother's hand to realise that we were at an event and not going to the Wayne manor like I had thought, it made me sad but I had the ghost plush to hold onto as Bruce noticed that whenever I got nervous I fidgeted so he gifted me it to help combat the problem.

My mother practically dragged me up to the stage where the Wayne family was which made me happy but I couldn't do or say anything has father had strict eyes on me meaning I had to be on my best behaviour, I kept hold of my mothers hand and held the ghost close to me as my father walked to Thomas Wayne with cameras taking photos and videos.

I hated events because they always took photos of me and would try to find something wrong which I hoped they would get right so I could stay with the Wayne's but they always accused them of the wrong things, my mother didn't do a good job at hiding her bruises under the makeup this time and you could see it slightly and the news stations seemed to notice this as they took photos of the pair of us.