0011 | THE BABY PROJECT

THE BABY PROJECT
story: a sinners song au
status: published
characters: august & dick (and others)

a/n: okay so I was reading through old plots
of mine and found this peter parker fic
titled the same thing about a plot where they
were paired up as a couple for the health
class baby project and I went ... augustdick?
augustdick!!! throw in a little dash of miscommunication on Bruce's part and
augustdick being like 🧍‍♀️baby?? when bruce
brings it up? I think yes!!

 augustdick? augustdick!!! throw in a little dash of miscommunication on Bruce's part and augustdick being like 🧍‍♀️baby?? when brucebrings it up? I think yes!!

A LONG SIGH LEFT AUGUSTINE'S LIPS AS SHE LAID BACK ON THE BEAD, HER HEAD HITTING THE PILLOW. She knew she was overreacting, it wasn't the worst thing in the world to have been paired up with her best friend for a project. In fact, in any other situation, she would have been jumping in joy. Because at least with Dick, she knew she could get him to pull his weight — or even if he didn't, she wouldn't mind carrying him into a good grade. But it was the fact that this project involved creating up an entire fake life and scenario to raise a baby with each other that made her become annoyed. Not at the fact of the project itself, she knew what she was signing up for when it came to the health class. Being paired up with her best friend was what bothered her. Because every part of her being had already thought of the what-if scenarios that could be their future together. Having to put one of those down on paper for a project? Not something she was looking forward to. Neither is any of the constant teasing their friends will end up giving them. Especially the teasing that'll come from Donna, targeting the blonde specially because of her feelings for her best friend. Dick rolled his eyes, looking back to his pillow with a sigh before pushing her shoulder, "Stop being dramatic we have to do this project."

"I can't believe Miss Anderson paired us together," Augustine's voice was muffled by the pillow that rested underneath her face. She turned to the side when Dick sighed again, "Seriously, Dick! It's bad enough that everyone already thinks we're dating. Now we have to pretend to have a baby and listen to everyone be like 'oh look at your future' and shit like that."

"Is it really that bad to have people think you're dating me?" Dick placed his hand over his heart, mouth popped open in shock. "I'm wounded Augustine Finley, wounded."

Augustine's mind short circuited for a moment as she thought, no it wouldn't be that bad to have people thinking that. She would love to make it the truth, actually. But instead she found herself pushing his shoulder, "You know that's not what I meant, asshole." Augustine pulled her laptop closer, scrolling through the details of the assignment before turning to Dick, "Alright so we don't have much to do right now, but we could start up on the background portion of the paper. I can just make some shit up that sounds nice and call it a day."

"Or," Dick brought both of his hands up into the air, "and hear me out, okay? We actually come up with a cool background for this project?"

Lifting a brow, "Oh?"