Rage

Thalia stayed rock steady while Marinette struggled to hide the shaking in her hands, from adrenaline? Nerves? Fear? Relief? She had not a clue.

She found it hard to calm the sound of her breathing to focus on the sounds around her.

The woman was holding a knife to her back. In front of her son who she knew was... Friends with her.

This woman had tortured her team. Manipulated Gabriel into terrorising Paris. She'd stolen miraculous. Talked down her leadership. Has talked down her biological parents? Killed them too?! Called her a killer.and she has the nerve to hold a knife to her back too? Her blood froze with cold fury. The gears churned in her head and she felt sick. She felt like she was barely breathing but in reality, she was taking slow deep breaths.

She knew why she was shaking.

Unfiltered rage.

"Mother! What do you want with her!?" Damien hissed, from onlookers point of view, it looked like Marinette was frozen in fear.

"Just thought she'd like to join the team that's all." Thalia smirked.

The ground began to shake.

Thalia stumbled a bit, releasing Marinette, she savagely turned around and started attacking Thalia. Claws bared, swiping the miraculous from her as she did so. "You have no right!"

Damien watched in shock, unsure of what to do. He knew she deserved it, but the Martha he knew would never forgive herself if she killed someone.

Jon, in the meantime, spotted the mop of blonde hair on the ground next to them, he quickly swooped in, pickung him up and carrying him away.

One of the walls started to crumble, so much raw destruction leaked from Marinette, her power fueled by overwhelming anger, she had lost herself to the cat.

Thalia raised a knife, driving it through Marinette's shoulder, yet she barely relented at all.

"Damien!" Tim yelled, shaking him from his state of shock.

Damien charged forward, wrapping his arms tight around the cat-holder's waist, using all of his strength to yank her away. "The building is crumbling! We have to get out!" He tried to reason.

Her eyes widened, she shook him off and took off in the direction of where she knew her team to be. Damien tried to keep up, but no human could keep up with a miraculous holder, it was like trying to race wonder woman.

Bruce was there with Dick, most of them were out, Nino, Luka and Marc still lay still.

Marinette picked up Marc and Luka, tried to pick up Nino but couldn't.

"We've got him" Bruce assured, picking him up.

"We need to get out!" She said, panic, the only emotion evident in her voice.

Cracks formed in the ground. Chunks of ceiling crashed to the floor around them.

When they got outside, Marinette gently put her teammates in chairs each.

"Martha!"

She turned around and froze when she saw Damien, how could she face him now she knew she loved him? How was she supposed to act? What was she supposed to do? She'd never been in love before.

He ran up to her, taking her hands in his, his gloves were cold to the touch, but being this close to him again... She didn't know what to think.

"Are you okay?" He asked, in the most gentle voice she'd ever heard from him.

Cass turned around in surprise at his soft tone. She could see he had immediately softened in her presence. It was incredible. The effect that one person could have on another.