Assumptions

After a few months, most of the miraculous team had returned to Paris. Adrien decided to stay with his partner, barely leaving her side. He wouldn't admit it but he wouldn't mind spending some more time with the tall handsome Kryptonian who saved him either.

Marinette had spent time with the boys one by one, she did some trapeze with Dick, reading with Jason and with Tim, played videogames, even with Bruce, she sat and watched a movie. With the girls, Cass, she taught her to bake, steph, she discussed fashion with and with Barbara they did some online puzzles.

But for some reason, she could never find a time that she could be with Damien. Every time she asked, he was busy. It was starting to hurt. Did he not like her anymore?

..~~..

Adrien was jumping between spending time with Marinette, making sure she was okay, and flirting, really flirting with Jon.

This is exactly what he was doing when he talked to Damien properly a second time.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Damien screamed, walking in on the two, who were both a little irritated considering they were actually getting somewhere.

"Well hello to you too." Jon crossed his arms.

"You!" He pointed at Adrien. "How dare you flirt and try to kiss him while you're with Marinette! Do you have any idea how lucky you are that she even looks in your direction?! Obviously not! I'm going to kill you for hurting her you fiend!" He hissed, pulling a dagger from his sleeve.

It was all Adrien could do to not laugh. "Um... I'm not dating her."

"Likely story! You're always together except when you're flirting with him!" Damien charged at him, swiping with his dagger.

Adrien barely ducked in time, he was almost certain that he lost some hairs.

"I'll kill you!"

"Nonono please I swear I'm not with her! We're partners! Fighting hero partners! Nothing more! We're best friends that's it!" Adrien rushed to say, holding his head down, trying to make himself seem less threatening.

Damien frowned, but paused his series of attacks. "You... Aren't together?"

"No! She's in love with y-... She's in love with someone else!"

Damien threw the knife into the floor and stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

Jon sat down next to Adrien, "He loves her. It's nothing personal. He's just hurting." He said softly.

Adrien looked up at him and shuffled closer. "I really like you."

"I really like you too."

..~~..

"Damien, come down here please." Bruce asked, sitting at the table.

He silently complied, sitting opposite him. "What do you want father?"

"You haven't gone near her since she woke up."

Before any other word was said, Damien was up and gone.

..~~..

"You okay?" Adrien asked softly, walking into Marinette's room.

The girl barely took notice of his presence. She curled further into herself.

"That's a no. Still hasn't talked to you?" He asked.