Chapter 19 - The Legion of Doom

I awoke in a chair. My mind was foggy and I was still feeling a slight chill in my bones. I lifted my head and blinked away the bright lights. I groggily looked around the room, I was on the dance floor in the basement, tied to a chair. My arms were tied behind my back and my legs were tied to the legs of the chair. Just like a bunch of other party goers. I flitted my eyes across the dance floor and made eye contact with Farah from across the room. Her mascara streaked down her cheeks and I saw the formings of a bruise on her arm.

She wasn't able to get away. But it did look like she fought as hard as she could.

It seemed like the Legion of Doom took everyone they could in order to hold us hostage, explains why Harley told Captain Cold not to kill me. I didn't see our friends anywhere though and my blood pressure started to rise.

Jason! Where's Jason? I shot my eyes across the room desperately trying to find him, or anyone I knew other than Farah. But I didn't see The Crew. My heart was rattling against my rib cage. My friends could be dead, I was probably about to die, and no one could get in or out because Lex Luthor's security was too good! WHY would Conner host this party? Was he insane?

"Hello everyone." A voice rang out from behind us. I inadvertently started shivering again. In walked in The Legion of Doom, or half of them at least. Death Stroke was at the front of the line, behind him was Bizarro, Cheetah, Captain Cold, and Harley Quinn. The crowd started to scream in fear. I was shaking, too scared to even open my mouth.

"Gosh, I hate when this happens," Harley laughed. She pulled her gun out of her holsters and shot a full clip into the air, "QUIET!!! EVERYONE SHUT UPPP!"

It worked. The room got quiet right away. "That always works. Mista J taught me that." She giggled. At the mention of The Joker the crowd started screaming again.

"He's not here!" Harley yelled. The room quieted down. "Gosh, anyway. As you were saying Slade."

"Thanks Harls." Deathstroke cackled. "You guys are being held here because we're holding you for ransome." My blood ran cold.

"Every rich and famous kid on the East Coast is currently in this room. And some... stragglers." He looked over at me. Wait a second, they know I'm not rich? Then why am I here?

"Unfortunately for you all, someone called the Teen Titans and Red hood with the outlaws. So, until they back off we're going to kill off a hostage every thirty minutes. Starting with you." His finger pointed straight into my direction.

Oooohh. That's why I'm here.

For dramatic effect, Harley Quinn projected a countdown on the wall in front of us

For dramatic effect, Harley Quinn projected a countdown on the wall in front of us. Every minute that ticked down was minute was a minute I could feel myself losing my sanity. The cold metal chair sent shivers up my spine, and the fear I was feeling was suffocating. I stole a glance at the others captured with me, their faces etched with the same mixture of terror. I felt hopeless. The clock said I had 15 minutes left to live. A sob was starting to form in the bottom of my throat. I should've never gone to McDonalds with Jason that day we met. Then I wouldn't even be here. I would be reading a book, cuddled under some blankets. But now I'm about to die.