T W E N T Y T H R E E

Rejecting Me Was Your Biggest Mistake

The clouds covered the moon and we were suddenly consumed by darkness. Our eyes soon adjusted, but were shocked at what we saw.

Hundreds, possibly even a thousand wolves stood by Blake, growling and snapping, ready to pounce at their Alpha's command. But he did not tell them to attack.

Instead he stalked forwards into the middle of the field, alone. His eyes found mine, and although i despised him with every part of my being, i found i was unable to look away. 

"Alice." He voice was rough, husky and, although i hated to admit it, it was sexy. I mentally scolded myself for letting him effect me, and turned my attention back to what he was doing, making sure to avert my eyes from his bare, perfectly shaped, muscular chest.

I was still in my midnight black wolf form, and i refused to shift, but i would, if my patience and temper lasted, listen to what he had to say.

"Step forward."

My fur bristled at his order and i raised my head, a blatant challenge. He growled quietly, but i heard it. If i was in human form i would have smirked.

"Do you really want to fight me?"

Arrogance. He didn't think i could take him. I narrowed my eyes.

Yes. We do want a fight.

I shushed my wolf, even though i agreed. Blake was not done.

"Alice, if you just agree to come with me, with no fuss or struggle, then all of your...friends here," he said, gesturing to the rouges, " can leave with their lives. However, if you choose to fight, they will all die, that i can promise."

I unintentionally let out a growl. Turning to the rouges i shifted to my human form.

I addressed all of the rouges, with my back still to Blake, "Okay, listen up. I'm giving you a choice here. No matter what, i am staying to fight, but this is your own choice. You can either stay and fight with me, or leave and live your life in peace. You will not be judged for leaving, it is perfectly understandable if you want to keep your life. So if you want to go, go now!"

I finished my little speech and glanced at every single one of the rouges. They all held their positions. Nobody moved.

I turned to Blake, triumphant and full of pride. His snarl of fury ripped across the clearing and his already dark eyes turned completely black.

"Fine! If that's the way you want it, then you will all die tonight! Every single one of you!" He screamed in rage and launched himself forwards shifting in mid-air. His army of wolves streamed from the trees behind him, and charged with him, an impenetrable wall of teeth and claws and fur.

I shifted again and watched them closely. I could feel the slight un-ease of the rouges, but they would not back down. We, too, were a line of wolves across the field, but we were outnumbered. As the Blake's army approached, Cole's command was heard in out heads.

Hold the line! Stand your ground. Good luck friends. We will not die tonight.

I let my wolf take over our actions. We took a deep breath and closed our wyes. When we opened them again it was as if everything was in slow motion.

The noise of the on-coming wolves faded. The snarls of our own wolves faded. Nothing else was important other than our target. He was stood at the back of the field, next to the trees where he had entered.

Coward.

We waited until the wolves were only a few metres away from us when the entire line of wolves, on Sam's command, surged forwards, charging at Blake's wolves head on.

My wolf picked her first target. A male, shouldering his way through our rouges, splitting throats and killing as he went. Four rouges went down. M

I saw red. He was the first to go. The darkness of night played to my advantage. My black fur merged with the shadows and silhouettes of others, and he did not see me coming. I snarled and pounced onto his back, digging my claws into his body and latching my teeth into the back if his neck.

He howled and rolled on impact, so that i was beneath his huge body. I still had my grip on his neck, but now my body was twisted at an awkward angle, making it hard to maintain. He sunk his sharpened teeth into my left shoulder and i grunted, slicing my claws down his muzzle. He ripped down my ribs with his own claws, and i released my hold on his neck to catch a breath.

He used this to his advantage, taking the opportunity to release my shoulder and get a new grip on my neck, and sunk his teeth in. He was biting down hard, and i knew that if i didn't do something i would be dead. That was when my wolf took action. She relaxed all of her muscles and flattened her ears to her skull, whimpering. Surprise flashed through the wolf's eyes and for a fraction of a second, his grip on our neck loosened. We took our chance.

Rolling to the left, i shoved him of me with my back paws. He rolled and landed on his back. Wasting no time i pounced again sinking my teeth into the soft flesh of his throat. His growl soon turned into a howl of terror. I tasted blood and sunk my teeth in further. I stayed in that position till his body went limp.

Throwing his body aside, i stood up, scanning the area. Out of the corner of my eye i spotted Alissa struggling with a formidable looking female. Leaping into action, i bounded over and barrelled into the female. She snarled in surprise but was quick to react, getting a swift blow to my face. I felt the blood run into my eyes.

Luckily, Alissa recovered quickly, getting a tight hold on the female's shoulder and dragging her away. I was confident that female would not be alive much longer.

I turned my attention back to my search for Blake. He was still stood behind his army, shouting orders and pointing in rage, but not helping. Spotting a gap in the enemy wolves, i sprinted towards his position.

All sound of the fighting wolves around me faded as my vision locked on Blake and turned red. Leaping into the air, i opened my jaws, aiming to snap his neck and taste his blood...

----------------------------------------------
A/N: Ahahaha, i know, i know, i'm evil, leaving you with a cliff-hanger like that...but never mind! It was a long chapter, and guess what! This book is nearly done! Only one more chapter left to go! I can't actually believe how much support this book had gotten and i just want to thank you guys so much! Also i am talking suggestions for what i should write next, however i WILL NOT be making a sequel to this book. So if you do have a suggestion, just leave it in the comments, or msg me.
So until the next chapter,

Bye guys!

~Moll_Wolf